Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overdrive Problem

Als Surf

]Help!! Ive just spent £400 on having a gearbox solenoid changed and valve body pressure done etc to try and cure my problem - It wont go into Overdrive but other gears work fine, as does kick down-someone has suggested TCU but is it more likely to be a rellay - if so where the hell is it!! - Thanks and and replies appreciated

Why do you say it won't go into overdrive???

Overdrive is only 4th gear.

]Help!! Ive just spent £400 on having a gearbox solenoid changed and valve body pressure done etc to try and cure my problem - It wont go into Overdrive but other gears work fine, as does kick down-someone has suggested TCU but is it more likely to be a rellay - if so where the hell is it!! - Thanks and and replies appreciated

Hi Al

I had the same problem earlier this year, I spent the best part of £2000 having the gearbox re-conned, every solenoid replaced, clutches renewed, hire cars,etc etc, only to get it back 3 weeks later still with the same problem(the only thing i got from the re-build was an expensive 12 month warranty)

I then swapped the ECU from my other surf and b*gger me,it solved the whole thing. After spending another couple of weeks searching for an ECU with all the matching part No.s. I dragged my way thru eblag to find one,,,,, It worked out cheaper for me to buy a whole vehicle just for the ECU and then break the rest.

I eventually made a profit on the breaker.

So my friend, I believe your problem lies in the ECU

Cheers

Paul

Was the speed sensor checked?

Is the ETC button pressed in?

Hi Al

I had the same problem earlier this year, I spent the best part of £2000 having the gearbox re-conned, every solenoid replaced, clutches renewed, hire cars,etc etc, only to get it back 3 weeks later still with the same problem(the only thing i got from the re-build was an expensive 12 month warranty)

I then swapped the ECU from my other surf and b*gger me,it solved the whole thing. After spending another couple of weeks searching for an ECU with all the matching part No.s. I dragged my way thru eblag to find one,,,,, It worked out cheaper for me to buy a whole vehicle just for the ECU and then break the rest.

I eventually made a profit on the breaker.

So my friend, I believe your problem lies in the ECU

Cheers

Paul

Hi Dont know if you got my last email - can you tel me whether you got a new ecu or a auto tcu and wher abouts in the car do i find it. Thanks

Hi Dont know if you got my last email - can you tel me whether you got a new ecu or a auto tcu and wher abouts in the car do i find it. Thanks

The ECU is on the passenger side behind the plastic panel near the door.