Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eobd Sortware

Hogie

Hi

Im thinking of buying some software for the laptop that will read fault codes from the ecu and just looking at different sensors on the car,just for fun really. I lead a quite life!!!! I was just wondering is anyone using a particular brand and would they recommend it? Dont want to spend a fortune,bout £100-150. Was lookin at something from Gendan for about that price but dont know is it any good. Has anyone used this on there car or have they found something better? Id want to get the cable for that price as well if i can

Any comments or suggestions great fully received :)

Thanks

Hi

Im thinking of buying some software for the laptop that will read fault codes from the ecu and just looking at different sensors on the car,just for fun really. I lead a quite life!!!! I was just wondering is anyone using a particular brand and would they recommend it? Dont want to spend a fortune,bout £100-150. Was lookin at something from Gendan for about that price but dont know is it any good. Has anyone used this on there car or have they found something better? Id want to get the cable for that price as well if i can

Thanks

Have'nt got a clue mate, what spec laptop are you using?, cuz i heard you have to use a verylow spec, pentuim 2 or so or else you will do damage to the computer in the car!

whats the full name of the software?

Hi

Thanks

Have'nt got a clue mate, what spec laptop are you using?, cuz i heard you have to use a verylow spec, pentuim 2 or so or else you will do damage to the computer in the car!

whats the full name of the software?

High enongh, Duel core 2gb ram 256mb dedicated graphic. Iv got an old 1 round the place thou. AMD athlon ,256 mb of ram. Mite do the job for me? Gendan EngineCheck Pro full name. Website http://www.gendan.co.uk/ It looks quite good for the money.

• 1 month later...

have been looking for something similar, just to monitor/log for interest (at least to start ;)

The UKOBD site seems to have a variety of options, and I think maybe the bluetooth version @£160 here could be a good one; also solves any worries about dmg-ing car or laptop. Site says can be used with either Digimoto or PCMSCAN software (both available with freeware, trial and full versions £30-50); Any recommendations from people on which would offer most support (in my case for Corolla Compressor)?

C.

have been looking for something similar, just to monitor/log for interest (at least to start ;)

The UKOBD site seems to have a variety of options, and I think maybe the bluetooth version @£160 here could be a good one; also solves any worries about dmg-ing car or laptop. Site says can be used with either Digimoto or PCMSCAN software (both available with freeware, trial and full versions £30-50); Any recommendations from people on which would offer most support (in my case for Corolla Compressor)?

C.

Iv found something that looks good enough for what i want to do with it,its on e bay. If you type"Car Fault Error Code Reader E-OBD-2 Scanner Diagnostics" it will bring it up,its using the same software as you said and from the look of it and the feed back he's got from people who bought it could be ok. It will clock your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times as well. Good pictures of the kind of stuff it will read and also graph. All i really want is to read fault codes. It will work with cars that have CAN networks on them too. What more could you ask for for less than £50! Ill prob take a chance on it

• 2 months later...

Well lads, i was looking round for awhile as you can see from the date of the previous post but i got one and it didnt cost me much either, iv given it a good test today on the toyota and a mondeo and it does everything it says it does so if any 1 else is looking for something id recommend this. Its on e bay and its like £50 delivered and i think its easily worth it. Gives you fault codes(power train only i think) and can monitor sensors like the lamda and temp and so on. Can also turn off the mil, gives you pending fault codes as well, the ones that the ECU hasn't flagged yet. Will also do 0-60 and 1/4 miles times for you but havn't tried any of that. Works on any recent enough laptop as far as i know.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...;Category=30921

or type in search

Car Fault Error Code Reader E-OBD-2 Scanner Diagnostics. Seller is autoscanners

Its worth a look if you interested in that sort of thing, prob see cheaper ones on there but sure now you know this one works and you wont be getting ripped off and its a !Removed! handy thing to have i think

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links