Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Needed - Tax Disc Problems

MikeT

Hi. First post on this forum is a bit of a dopey question, I'm afraid. My tax disc holder has disappeared off the window. With it only being a plastic one I highly suspect it may have slipped behind the dash. I'm loath to apply for a replacement disc just yet, so does anyone have any ideas how to get it out (assuming it is behind the dash)?

Thanks!

Assuming that it isn't behind the dash.. you will need to report it as lost or stolen.. checks can be made and you should be issued with a refund for every FULL month that was left to run.

Report it to the police as you will probably need a crime number to make any claim on the remaining months.

Hi. First post on this forum is a bit of a dopey question, I'm afraid. My tax disc holder has disappeared off the window. With it only being a plastic one I highly suspect it may have slipped behind the dash. I'm loath to apply for a replacement disc just yet, so does anyone have any ideas how to get it out (assuming it is behind the dash)?

Thanks!

(Assuming it really slipped down the dash) The first thing to try is to look under the passenger carpet, it could have went straight down there.

If it's not the case, then remove the glove box, open it, squeeze the sides and it will slip out. Get a torch and look inside, it is highly likely to be stuck behind the "filtration"/blower unit. Watch out for sharp metal edges and screws.

You could also remove the passenger side (upper) speaker grill, and speaker so you could see easier... it might be stuck just under there too!

After all the above is done, the last place it can be is under the car's original carpet (the one large piece), slide your hand behind it and search for it.

Why do I know all this? haha~ It happened to me before :lol:

This exact thing happened to my mate 3 weeks ago on his new shape Corsa, he was cleaning the dash and it dropped down a gap between the window and the dash trim. I'll ask him what he did regarding getting a new one.

Thanks to all the answers so far. The one about removing the glove box will no doubt come in handy in the future. But as luck would have it, it was actually under the carpet!

Thanks to all the answers so far. The one about removing the glove box will no doubt come in handy in the future. But as luck would have it, it was actually under the carpet!

Glad you found it. I was just going to say, rather then rip the car apart looking for it, report it as stolen/lost and you have to pay a small fee for a duplicate. I know cos I had one stolen from my motorcycle. The bugbear was that, even though I had a crime number and had payed a fee to get a new one posted to me, I was informed that, as a point of law, it is an offence to USE the vehicle without a tax disc displayed so in effect, I could still have got nicked for failiure to display a disc!