Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multi Regions Help!

1bloke1dog1mr2

Right, just bought myself a LG DVD harddrive recorder, unfortunately it'll only play region 2 DVDs, any ideas on how to hack into it to unlock for multi region playing that doesn't involve the messing about of copying the DVD into another format?

Thanks in advance, Amy.

Region code hack posted by Rod Suskin, July 06 2007:

Press the Home button

Choose SETUP

Scroll down to the LOCK icon

Press ENTER (you won't see any response.)

Press the 0 key 7 times

A message will appear congratulating you on bbeing region free - press Enter.

Region code hack posted by Fred, August 05 2007:

Hold down CLEAR on remote and Prog Down on DVD simultaneously for about 6 seconds, then change the value of OP6 from af to 8f.

Press the Home button

Choose SETUP

Scroll down to the LOCK icon

Press ENTER (you won't see any response.)

Press the 0 key 7 times

A message will appear congratulating you on being region free - press Enter.

Try that ! let me know if you're successful or not !

And it cost you the GLORY of being first with the reply lmao :P :P :P :P

I deemed it necessary though, Todays politically correct climate might have found the initial post grossly offensive to people with a stammer !

sort of on topic...............

What are peoples opinions on DVD hacks?

The way I see it is that the DVD player manufacturer still sells the player, so they aren't really affected. The main contention is from the film distributors who claim that if a UK player can play US DVDs ( cheaper than here ) then they are losing money !! Greedy Greedy people. If they can afford to sell at a cheaper rate in the US then they can afford to do it everywhere. It's a global market. I can buy things from all over the world from the comfort of my front room.

There was a feature on Newsnight tonight about the new Apple iPhone. The main gripe is that you can only get it on one network over here ( locked to that network too ) and only on a minimum 18 month contract. In France you can get one on any network and on a 12 month contract. To the casual observer this appears to be a price fixing arrangement between O2 and Apple........a cartel if you like.......which is against european trade laws.

On the upside though, the hacker community reckon that they will have a hack for the iPhone within a week.

What about all the amazing *rare* DVD's that only seem to come out on region 1?

I bought a really cheap DVD player in Tesco's and it plays them all.

Thanks for your responses. Just tried it but it doesn't work, I've turned it off and on again, but nothing :( .

It annoys me about region settings too because there are plenty of old classics only available on region 1. I have a cheapy multi region but I don't want the hassle of having a DVD player and a DVD HD recorder, I barely have room under my TV as it is with all my separates!

Any more suggestions as to where I can look to get this f***er unlocked?! :D

it shouldn't make any difference.

When the units are manufactured in the factory they are all programmed with a universal operating system.

Power supplies may vary somewhat to cater for 110v countries, but the software is identical and set to wherever the batch is destined for.

So basically you have full region capability with every player, you just have to find out how to tweak the software to enable it

Just to keep you up-to-date, I've failed on all aspects of getting it region free! I eventually found a hardware update, but when I loaded it up it has now frazzled my harddrive and all that it will display is 'CHK CABLE'. It won't power down unless I take the mains lead out and the only thing functioning is the tray! :(

It will be going back to the supplier asap, "I have no idea why it's suddenly stopped working, it's only 2 months old". I now have out my £40 Toshiba multi region DVD player, and wondered why I even bought a harddrive recorder! :rolleyes: