Do Not Sell My Personal Information

140bhp Tsport.

frankie_TS

Just a little topic for discusion. There is a tsport for sale on pistonheads that is 140BHP.

Im not disputing that by any means but it seems that it has achieved 140bhp through megan header and exhaust system and induction kit.

Is this the bhp increase to expect?

If a TTE supercharger gets you 140bhp and the above mentioned gets you 140bhp......... it just seems weird to me

I suspect the charged method would be quicker, is this down to torque and not power maybe?

Just a little topic for discusion. There is a tsport for sale on pistonheads that is 140BHP.

Im not disputing that by any means but it seems that it has achieved 140bhp through megan header and exhaust system and induction kit.

Is this the bhp increase to expect?

If a TTE supercharger gets you 140bhp and the above mentioned gets you 140bhp......... it just seems weird to me

I suspect the charged method would be quicker, is this down to torque and not power maybe?

I've also seen this ad on Pistonheads. It's the black one with red decals?? I'm sure the owner may be a member on here but I know he's tried to sell on eBay as well. Think on the ad on there though he he mentioned a few other things which had been done. I'm sure a chip was mentioned or something?? Even so, I'm not too sure that a chip would be able to get it up to 140bhp?

dastek unichip with quite a few other mods could get you 140 if you got them to map it for top power but as far as i know doing that puts the torque curve all over the place on the graphs and it stops it being a smooth power delivery which isnt always the best thing

earpl had his rolling roaded at 140bhp with the same modifications so the guy thought that means his had 140bhp aswell! :rolleyes:

The thing is you can buy a 131bhp Yaris with no mods as standard straight off the forecourt. It’s called the SR :thumbsup:

The thing is you can buy a 131bhp Yaris with no mods as standard straight off the forecourt. It’s called the SR :thumbsup:

true, but its slower than a 103BHP T-sport (just :P )

SR 0-60 Top Speed BHP

1.8 VVT-i SR 3d 9.0 s 121 mph 131 bhp

T Sport 0-60 Top Speed BHP

1.5 VVT-i 3d 8.7 s 118 mph 103 bhp

if they dont produce a 190BHP yaris model to compete with the corsa VXR and clio 197 then toyota are officially idiots ;)

Cant believe they got so little power out of a 1.8 with dual VVTi!

It has to restricted/limited or what ever it’s called, maybe due to economy and emissions.

Cant believe they got so little power out of a 1.8 with dual VVTi!

It has to restricted/limited or what ever it’s called, maybe due to economy and emissions.

A perfect platform for tuning :thumbsup:

Yeah but most people just want to buy a car which is off the shelf quick. And Toyota, rather embarrasingly, have nothing worth getting excited about in their current line up.