Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Issue With Temperature Gauge (d4d)

pawan

Hi

I have bought a used Toyota Yaris (D4D) and I am worried about its temperature light.

It shows BLUE in the morning then I start which is fine. Then after driving like 10 mins, it flashes RED 5-6 times and then disappears. I dont know if this is normal or if this is an issue with the car.

Also, if the RPM of the car is less than 2500, I have now heat from the AC/Heat vent at all. In fact it throws cool air if it is less than 2500. Is that normal too?

Thanks,

Pawan

I'm sure someone more knowledgable will help you out ,but as a pure pie in the sky guess I would say it flashes as a bulb working check, Mine dont flash, so how do I know the bulb is good, I dont like it I would much rather have a gauge....Saying that,it probably lights up when the ignition is turned on, as a check

• 2 weeks later...

Get it checked as soon as possible - it sound like a blown head gasket, and if you just drive on, you can ruin the cylinderhead!

The lack of heat in the car, is a sign of low coolingfluid - and thats not a good sign... :(

Blown head gaskets are seen before on the 1,4 D-4D... :/

Thanks mate. I think you are right. There is a lot of oil leakage around the alternator :-( I'm sure something is not right. Ive booked servicing - hope it gets fixed easily.

Cheers,

Paw

Get it checked as soon as possible - it sound like a blown head gasket, and if you just drive on, you can ruin the cylinderhead!

The lack of heat in the car, is a sign of low coolingfluid - and thats not a good sign... :(

Blown head gaskets are seen before on the 1,4 D-4D... :/

Oil leak around the alternator is another common petrol Yaris known problem. This is the seal between the timing chain cover and the engine failing. This is nothing to do with the head gasket. I doubt that this oil leak would automaticaly fixed on a service. There is a modified timing chain cover avalable from Toyota that, when fitted correctly, will cure this oil leak.

As for the cooling system/heater cold problem, as has been said before, is caused by a lack of coolant and could very well be a head gasket probem. True, the longer you leave it and theres a chance that you might need a new cylinder head!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links