Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Im No Longer A Toyota Owner

GT4 BOOSTER

sold the surf today - i need economy now with fuel costs and my new job - so i bought this fella - ACHTUNG !!!!!!

1.9 TDI 100 BHP PASSAT - 50 MPG . 0-60 MPH 12 S 250 NM OF TORQUE :D

PICK IT UP NEXT WEEK , NEEDS MOT AND A BIT PAINT .

passat.jpg

Sorry to hear that mate, good luck with the Passat. ;)

PS still time to change your mind and have the one behind it ?

Erm i see where youre comming from , alas my pocket cant meet the pump with my daily commute.

these vw's are well built like the toyotas mind ya , no fords or vauxhalls for me thank you.

Yeah good buy, and you can chip it... my bros goes like stink

Just dont be tamperign with the front suspension. They use some arm type of system, there is this compression type nut in the top of the suspension arms that never comes out if you are changing struts or springs can be a bit bothersome. At least having to tackle the job with burning gear and new arms seems bothersome to me.

There is also a great Scottish VAG forum, but stay on here GT4 !!!

haha... the ever expanding VW owners on here is amusing...

Im in a Bora TDi 115 SE Sport 6 speed myself matey and i love the mpg!

Congrats on the purchase. :)

You still sticking around ?? (I will miss you if you leave) :( :crybaby:

i sure am sticking around, thanks you guys for all the constructive comments - Fizz has a point in the ever increasing world of fuel pricing . Thats why i changed from the thirsty hilux surf. 19 mpg on a good day to 50 mpg from a 1.9 tdi - marvellous

i heard today vw can remap the ecu and gain you 50+ bhp at the cost of a bit more fuel . with no extra mods. costs a bit like £600 so im informed ?????????????

Circa £250 will get you a remap for an extra 30bhp and 50 lb/ft torque...

Give me a shout if you want some more info as i have done some digging on the subject. ;)

pm the info mate - i will have a read. :toast:

After a week of no phone calls , unless i made them , the car still isnt ready and the cd / radio cassette dont work - so im afraid the dealership is getting the BIG heave ho !!! and a call from trading standards with reguards to my deposit.

shopped about today and secured this 1 :unsure:

130 bhp tdi , 2 keepers , fsh , new cam belts , 77k . left a deposit again , lmao , pick it up tomorrow at 12 .

goldpassat.jpg

1 word "AWESOME"

70 MPH AT 2000 RPM ISH , Pulls away so quick the rears spin all the time , so the traction control has to be turned on.

70 mph in 3rd isnt a trouble either.

the dash lit up is to die for, red needles against a blue neon background ,along with climate control on auto at 22 celcius.

from a surf to this , it feels so good to be in a car again .

still love the toyotas mind ya , i had 2 celicas , a st202 and the st205 ( best car ever owned ) , a 1991 mr2 glass top , and the 95 hilux surf 3.0 td. none of which ever let me down in all the time i owned them . The wife runs a rav4 so there's still toyota in the blood. Happy motoring everyone. :D

Dude if you are looking for info on chipping etc I can hook you up with my bro for some info. His head is full of stuff which only some of it is useful...lol

thanks martin. its quick enough for now , but later when my bum gets used to it i may consider it .

i have seen some plug n play chips on the net for £400 ish . you simply unplug the loom and join this chip in then reconnect .I also read you can simply remap the ecu via a laptop . :cheers:

yeah she slips like mad now if you plant the power down , even with the flux capacitor button pressed.

be good fun in the dry like 150 bhp , 300 nm of torque mmmmmmmmm lovely.

erm yeah if you think they are fwd .

erm yeah if you think they are fwd .

Erm... i thought they were the same as the FWD sister car the Audi A4? :huh:

The only other option is the 4motion which is 4WD... no RWD to my knowledge..

i just had a look and i can see how the germans have designed it , i am mistaken , guess the rear facing engine had me fooled.

weird .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links