Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nintendo Wii

martin_longbow

I am trying to get my hands on a Wii for my son's Christmas, now staying in Scotland is a little like a backwater but where I stay in rural Scotland it is difficult to get a Pizza never mind the latest goodies. I mean the population in the whole of Scotty is about equivalent to Bradford in terms of sheer numbers.

Do any of you Southern big city dwellers have the same problems as I am having trying to get your hands on one.

I do not really want to import a German one or bid on some thing from e-bay for about 300 quid. I was hoping to get one from a mainstream vendor so if anything happens to it I have sound warranty support.

Its been all over the news mate - shortages everywhere (apart from Germany!)

Try pre-ordering one from a major retailers website - someone who's bound to have some stock before Christmas - like Amazon, Game, Woolworths etc. You'll be added to a list but best to do it sooner rather than later.

my son asked for one too this christmas and i live in a city and went in every shop and on every online shop and all out of stock - i managed to talk H into some star wars stuff he wanted instead and now the news they say they are brining in more stock for everyone so am in a quandry as to what to do - eBay have them but or majorily over priced - not sure what to advise but I would maybe have a back up present just in case!

SJx

Wouldn't be too fussed about not having a German one - the only difference is the plug (which you can get a £1-3 plug adapter) and the wii sports sticker on the box.

You have to be like sonic the hedgehog to get one online - check this site http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp

I bought a german one a couple of weeks ago and have to say its brilliant - way better than xbox 360 (gameplay, fun wise - not graphics!)

how do you get a german one?

Missed the boat I'm afraid - Amazon stopped shipping them here last week (rumored to be because of pressure from nintendo).

Go on holiday to germany would be the only way now I guess.

i'll sell you mine for a reasonable price......

and your toyota :lol: its probably easier to get class a drugs and a uzzi

apparently toys r us got new stock of wii's today £180 with wii sports, also curry's were advertising for today too :)

We were trying to get one for weeks from Toys R us, Game, argos, Comet, Dixons, The Devil......everywhere :yes:

When Toys R us get a delivery they have queue control starting at six am before they open at nine, needless to say we weren't that bothered ;)

We were told by someone that the best bet was to ring "Game" on a Friday from about 8:45 onwards till you got through, then if you were in time you could reserve one of the consoles that were being delivered, Anne did this the other week and that's how we got ours :thumbsup:

None of the other places were interested in booking even if plastic was waved in front of them :angry:

Les

Just a bit of info.....If you can get hold of the extra remote for the system I would get one now, they seem to be on the shortage list now ;)

well i went everywhere today comet, toys r us currys etc, (getting a parking space was just as difficult) and still no luck and suprisingly despite me mouthing "weee" to store assistants as it was just me and H I wasnt met with the weird looks i probably deserved, they just knowingly and pityfully shook their heads, and to make matters worse the stars wars ship thingy that H was gonna get instead has also sold out :crybaby:

SJx

well i went everywhere today comet, toys r us currys etc, (getting a parking space was just as difficult) and still no luck and suprisingly despite me mouthing "weee" to store assistants as it was just me and H I wasnt met with the weird looks i probably deserved, they just knowingly and pityfully shook their heads, and to make matters worse the stars wars ship thingy that H was gonna get instead has also sold out :crybaby:

SJx

Man that is total poo, what you going to do now?

well am hoping the stars wars thingy (sorry never watched it) is a lot less harder to track down so havent given up on that yet but I have given up on the wii

Sarah

I've had one on pre-order from a specific company for over 2 months ago. I was informed a few days back that they had enough to fill all existing pre-orders (at this point I did a happy little jig) but they then went on to say that they were having issues with the latest firmware and therefore wouldn't be shipping them till they could fix it. So I have no idea if I am going to get mine before christmas now :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Can only add as Giddlepin said, I sat with my finger on the recall button on the phone from 8.25am. Got the engaged tone repeatedly but I wasnt giving in :P . Finally at 8.55am got through!!! :unsure: but fella said "Oh we got 12 Wiis in this morning but they've all gone now" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - BUT then he went on to say they were getting a few in on a second delivery and would I like my name putting on one?? :D

This was at Game in Hull, they dont even open till 9.00am so they must've 'sold' all the Wiis by phone before opening! BOY THEY ARE IN SHORT SUPPLY.

All I can say is perseverance paid off cos NO shops would take my card payment n reserve one in advance.

Good luck to all Wii hunters ;)

At work today one of the ladies told me she had been watching and it was alleged that toysRus were opening their stock in a first come first served basis on Saturday morning (last weekend) she dispatched her husband at 6.00am to the store in Glasgow. When he got there at 6.40am he was already late joining a que, some people were theere from 3.00 am

At 5.00am someone from the store came out and handed out 20 tickets, and advised that was their total allocation, the rest of the people were advised to go home.

The chappie who joined the que at 6.40 waited on the shop opening at 9.00am and witnessed some of the twenty people get their Wii there were no more allocations and anyone else looking for the Wii would have to continue to monitor stock levels.

Having heard this, and there is no reason to doubt her I think I will be giving up my search.....lol is this crazy or what

Thanks again for the links, we have been watching them for all the good it will do

I managed to source one in France for my boss this morning, but they won't ship to the UK so unless you have a contact in France who can take delivery and bring it over to the UK for you, you won't stand a chance.... German sites are the same. They'll let you order but as soon as you say you live in the UK they refuse to sell it to you!

Luckily I have a French work colleague whose Mother is coming to the UK on a visit this weekend - we're shipping it to her house tomorrow and she is bringing it over with her!

The only other viable option is a Eurostar ticket to Calais or wherever it goes and buying one there and coming back.... I searched earlier today, the only places in stock were eBay and Amazon Marketplace.... :( Very very sad state of affairs indeed!