Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nintendo Wii

martin_longbow

Can't believe Nintendo have co**ed up again! We got ours last year just before Christmas and that was a nail bitter! In the end we actually had two, but generously sold one to our friend for their daughter at the price we paid (£179). Other friends now want one after playing on ours but they've had no joy with the search. My Hubby has a theory that the Wii stocks will be full a week before Chrimbo, fingers crossed for you all!

Worth the wait though guys... it's AWESOME!!!!! Still play it just as much even after a year. :D

Hmmmm, as I said on my reply on page 1 of this thread with link, Play.com still have 16 left.

Ok they are charging a premium for it but hey what price for that little smile on christmas day ?

Some went last year on eBay for @£500! Talk about cashing in!! I think if you're not too fussed you can pick up a great 2nd hand one. Lots of serious gamers buy it, play it and sell it. Plus you can sometimes get the extra wii-mote and games

I wish i had got one now, my mate had had one since they came out, and he just sold it for MORE than he paid back then, on eBay!

brilliant :)

I have contacts in Hong Kong, you can get the Japanese versions no problem, Im trying to find out what the compatability issues there are.......if any

Kingo :thumbsup:

just bought a used one...

============

It is chipped so you can burn games straight to dvd and play them on it, and so far its updated itself with all the official nintendo updates with no problems at all

The package would be.

Wii + cyclowiz chip

2 x Wii remotes and nunchuks

1 dual remote charging station with rechargeable Battery packs for the remotes

Arcade style controller (3 arcade games on the console, kirby, mario world and super mario bro)

HD Wii composite lead

Games list is as follows

Wii Sport (retail copy)

Wii play (retail copy)

Metroid prime 3

Simpsons Game

Manhunt 2

Mario Strikers

Resident evil 4

Mario Party 8

Medal of Honour Vanguard

Mercury Meltdown

Metal Slug Anthology

My Sims

Red Steel

Sonic and the secret rings

SSX blur

Super Paper Mario

Transformers

Trauma Center

Warioware smooth moves.

These games work great on the console as copies but I could provide you with all the iso's so you can burn them again in case of scratched discs (the copies always scratch easier than the official games)

I've still got the box for the console and all the appropriate instructions.

£250.. ;)

============

It is chipped so you can burn games straight to dvd and play them on it, and so far its updated itself with all the official nintendo updates with no problems at all

The package would be.

Wii + cyclowiz chip

1 dual remote charging station with rechargeable battery packs for the remotes

Arcade style controller (3 arcade games on the console, kirby, mario world and super mario bro)

HD Wii composite lead

Games list is as follows

Wii Sport (retail copy)

Wii play (retail copy)

Metroid prime 3

Simpsons Game

Manhunt 2

Mario Strikers

Resident evil 4

Mario Party 8

Medal of Honour Vanguard

Mercury Meltdown

Metal Slug Anthology

My Sims

Red Steel

SSX blur

Super Paper Mario

Transformers

Trauma Center

Warioware smooth moves.

These games work great on the console as copies but I could provide you with all the iso's so you can burn them again in case of scratched discs (the copies always scratch easier than the official games)

£250.. ;)

Sounds wii bargain of the century that does!

============

When you get it, be very cautious about accepting firmware upgrades in the very near future. I'm not sure if the cyclowiz is affected or not, but the newer one like the d2ckey gets nobbled in the latest firmware update and bricks the wii.

This firmware is required for games such as Zelda and Mario Galaxy btw.

I managed to find this on eBay today Clicky

Its localish so I can go see it check it out and pay cash there and then.. Super B)

As long as it checks out we will settle for the second hand one with some guarantee with it, on balance the accessories that go with it seem to make up the difference in price. If it works and is not scratched I will be thinking its a bargain!!

He does mention there are games on the console itself but I dont think it has been chipped

============

When you get it, be very cautious about accepting firmware upgrades in the very near future. I'm not sure if the cyclowiz is affected or not, but the newer one like the d2ckey gets nobbled in the latest firmware update and bricks the wii.

This firmware is required for games such as Zelda and Mario Galaxy btw.

I will keep that in mind matey... will have to check online for info before doing any upgrade.. well.. its for my little cousin but i will be sorting it out for her. :P :rolleyes:

As well a few days testing prior to handing it over! :lol:

============

The package would be.

Wii + cyclowiz chip

1 dual remote charging station with rechargeable battery packs for the remotes

HD Wii composite lead

Games list is as follows

Wii Sport (retail copy)

Wii play (retail copy)

Metroid prime 3

Simpsons Game

Manhunt 2

Mario Strikers

Resident evil 4

Mario Party 8

Medal of Honour Vanguard

Mercury Meltdown

Metal Slug Anthology

My Sims

Red Steel

SSX blur

Super Paper Mario

Transformers

Trauma Center

Warioware smooth moves.

£250.. ;)

blimey what a bargain

I'll give ya £50 for it..lol :drool:

Got the WiiPlay kit today with the wii remote from Amazon in germany - sods law it was faulty and they don't have anymore in stock.

:censor:

Got the WiiPlay kit today with the wii remote from amazon in germany - sods law it was faulty and they don't have anymore in stock.

:censor:

That is unbelievable bad luck mate :(

Picked up one tonight I got on eBay. I know the link does not seem to work from my earlier post

I got the Wii, 2 controllers, nun chuck, accessories pack (bat steering wheel etc) charger packs for the controllers a dual charger stand and the games with it were sports, play, mario 1 & 2 and Sonic. It was 4 months old all in the original packaging and they guy gave me the receipt. All this for £260.

Great, right am going to shout at kids to go to bed so I can go Wii .... :D

Just bought wii play & remote for 28 quid, be quick if you want one!

www.marshallward.co.uk

Use the code ZQ302 to get £10 off as a new customer.

Just bought wii play & remote for 28 quid, be quick if you want one!

www.marshallward.co.uk

Use the code ZQ302 to get £10 off as a new customer.

Brilliant, just ordered myself one :thumbsup:

Well tested the Wii last nite and it all works fine. Now her indoors has seen it she is unsure if the 14 yr old will actually like it. I TELL YOU, YOU CANT PLEASE SOME PEOPLE...lol

Better try to get him a groovy game for it, but she is telling me no?

What sort of things is your kid into game wise? The games I want to play are metroid prime 3, zelda, and mario galaxy. Plus the boss lady has ordered me to get the rockstar table tennis game too.

Had a quick scan, I think Zelda would be right up his street, possibly mario galaxy, but the boss still says no :lol:

Having just played for 3 hours last night on Wii sports (mostly on the boxing) i can confirm that my arms and pecs are killing today! :lol:

Who needs the gym when you got a Wii? ;)

Having just played for 3 hours last night on Wii sports (mostly on the boxing) i can confirm that my arms and pecs are killing today! :lol:

Who needs the gym when you got a Wii? ;)

Yeah the first time I plated it, I threw my shoulder out cos I went a bit "punch crazy" The boss lady also put me to shame on this (comnpletely and utterly) so I know never to get on her bad side ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links