Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tvsiii Alarm Fob Reprogram.

ShamblesX

Mornin'

I've checked plenty of posts in TOC and reckoned I'd got it all figured, but I've hit a snag. :huh:

I'm trying to match the fob (2 button type) (<> and ><) to the TVSSIII-B but the green button isn't playing fair. There seems to be 2 possible ways to map this fob according to all the posts I've read, but neither seem to work - pressing and holding the green ecu button doesn't make the LED light... it just sits there winking at me as it has been for the past 2 weeks since I replaced the Battery in the fob. BTW I did have to disconnect the siren under the bonnet as my missus couldn't get in the car using the fob, so I opened it using the key which set the alarm off. I've since reconnected the siren and the internal led is winking at me.

So, I am assuming the TVSSIII-B ecu is faulty. But to make sure I need to discount simple things like a blown fuse etc.

Does it have it's own fuse? If so where is it please?

I thank you all :)

-edit: I just removed the connector entering the ecu and replaced it. Now I get the hazards flashing rapidly for 30 seconds, while the led stays lit. Then it goes quiet. Then it repeats that cycle. No siren though. I guess that kinda rules out the fuse theory. So, it seems like the alarm is in some kind of "I've been activated" state which I can't solve without a fob, and as the fob isn't matched to the ecu that ain't gonna be easy.

-edit: my dipswitches are (from 1 to 8) down,up,down,down,up,down,down,down

Any ideas guys?

Sorted! Unbelievable!

Just found, on an electronics forum, that discharging the fob then hitting the >< unlock button will recode the fob, and it did!

Splendid. Cheers

Hehe yeah cheers.

Just in case it helps anyone else, I had to hit the unlock button >< twice

This "newly reprogrammed" alarm seems to have a mind of it's own :huh:

Does anyone know why the alarm would relock the car and rearm about 15 seconds after it's been disarmed/unlocked?

It never did this before.

It means we have to press to disarm/unlock, then quickly get in and start the car, otherwise the doors relock (even if open) and the alarm is set.

The DIP switches are exactly as I mentioned in the original post - unchanged in the 5 years we've had this 97 Rav4.

Could it be I needed to use a different sequence to reprogram the fob?

My 4.2 Rav with Toyota OEM stuff automatically re-locks if you dont open a door after 20 seconds or so of unlocking.

My 4.2 Rav with Toyota OEM stuff automatically re-locks if you dont open a door after 20 seconds or so of unlocking.

Yeah I would expect that, but as I said it relocks the doors "even if open". I wonder if the door switch is faulty, although it has never relocked before.

I'll check when the missus gets back. Thanks for the reply :)

Tried opening different doors to check if it recognises a door open other than drivers door ? This would prove if it was a switch.

Tried opening different doors to check if it recognises a door open other than drivers door ? This would prove if it was a switch.

Yup that's my plan, when 'er indoors gets back (it's her motor)

Cheers Dave.m

The drivers door/light switch wasn't making a good earth through the 10mm bolt. A bit of wire wool has sorted it :)

Luvvly jubbly

Cheers Dave.m

The drivers door/light switch wasn't making a good earth through the 10mm bolt. A bit of wire wool has sorted it :)

Luvvly jubbly

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 5 years later...

Sorted! Unbelievable!

Just found, on an electronics forum, that discharging the fob then hitting the >< unlock button will recode the fob, and it did!

Splendid. Cheers

Hi, I'm having same problem, how do you discharge the fob please

It was a long time ago, but I think I just pressed and held the fob buttons for a few seconds...

Oh ok, because mine the red light flashes and when you press the unlock button, the light stays red and nothing will happen. I accidently drop my last fob in my coffee, never work again, unlock car with key then alarm went off, I'm trying to find a fix lol.

Thanks for your fast reply.