Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ae92 Cams

ae92boy

Hi,

I'm new here, I've just finished the bodywork on my ae92, comments please?? just looking for some advise on what to do to make my gti run with 290degree cams.

Any help much appreciated

fr.JPG

Hi,

I'm new here, I've just finished the bodywork on my ae92, comments please?? just looking for some advise on what to do to make my gti run with 290degree cams.

fr.JPG

Got any more pics mate? Car looks mint - Looks better than i thought with a black bonnet.

Hi,

fr.JPG

Got any more pics mate? Car looks mint - Looks better than i thought with a black bonnet.

This is the only other pic i got, glad u like the bonnet, i knew it was a bit risky when i painted it but i think car pulles it off! I didn't no weather to tint bottom half of lights black??

Will get some more pics done soon, car is under cover for winter.

bk.JPG

Mines at 198bhp at the flywheel

BUT

it's a supercharged 4A-GZE

:D

Mines at 198bhp at the flywheel

BUT

it's a supercharged 4A-GZE

:D

Lol, Wow thats quick!!!

Will i get my 4age running with the 290 cams by altering the following:

The area just above the valve seats,

the combustion chamber,

and the ports themselves,

and the valves & seats.

getting higher compression.

I dont really want to play with the bottom end but will if i have to??? Wish i had read up more before i brought such big cams, lol.

Looks good, Did you cut the standard grill up and put mesh in there?

Also what Exhaust is that?

Yeh i just cut the old grill up and filed it level then put black mesh in place. looks much more suttle than a bodykit,

ps, just read ur profile. dont give up and buy a honda civic!!!!

:angry:

nice rola mate, ***** your front end is the spitting image of mine cept for the numberplate in differerant poss. get some more pics up matey so we can have a peek, was going to carbon fibre my bonnet but chickened out, nice touch tho :D

Yeh i just cut the old grill up and filed it level then put black mesh in place. looks much more suttle than a bodykit,

i agree, buying a honda would be the easy way out, i just finished putting 290 cams in my 4A-FE :lol:

i agree, buying a honda would be the easy way out, i just finished putting 290 cams in my 4A-FE :lol:

Lol, Luckily i didnt give up and finished repairing the Red GTI Yesterday. Also bought 3 More GTI's.

Will get some pics up soon.

• 4 weeks later...

sweeet looking twinny. gotta say that bonnet does look good.

you may need to look at engine management if your running wild cam profiles or it may run like a sack 'o' sh**e off cam.

is it painted super white by the way or creamy white?

sweeet looking twinny. gotta say that bonnet does look good.

you may need to look at engine management if your running wild cam profiles or it may run like a sack 'o' sh**e off cam.

is it painted super white by the way or creamy white?

Cheers, its painted mini "pepper white" which is a bit cream, painted it myself.

Car just sits round back under a cover, dont no wether to carry on with it or sell it with old cams??

Hi,

fr.JPG

Where did you get the addition to the front spoiler from ? ( the black rubber strip at the bottom ) Is it custom made or removed from another car ? I've heard of one from a Volvo fitting the Gti's though not sure which model.

looks like a laguna front splitter, common choice for EP82 owners

Laguna lip is very common on these twinny's arent they? ive seen quite a few twinny's with laguna lip, its the best lip to put on i reckon.....

Hi,

fr.JPG

This car looks sicck lovin it