Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supaguard

matfrost

I am waiting for the delivery of my new XTR, and have been offered Supagard treatment for £199 by the dealer.

What is the general feeling about this treatment? Is it worth while, or not? It does seem like a lot of money.

Matthew

I am waiting for the delivery of my new XTR, and have been offered Supagard treatment for £199 by the dealer.

What is the general feeling about this treatment? Is it worth while, or not? It does seem like a lot of money.

Matthew

I'd take a good digital camera wi ye and follow him back tae his hoose aifter his shift. Then meet him again an say tae him if onythin goes wrong wi yer RAV, ye have superduper insurance cos ye know where he lives an if onything happens tae yer RAV fur 5 years then ye know where tae go.......

As fur the £199, never heard o it.

Whits it fur??

Matthew

Hi Matt,

I had pressure from the stealer when I bought my Rav last week for the same sort of think. I actually bought it with my last car an Audi A4. If I remember right they polish the car and put a polishing kit in the boot. In other words an additional scam to cream a little more money off you If not then does it mean the paint on the car out of the factory is no good and not weather proof?

You will also get the Currys/Dixons style pressue to buy gap insurance when you say no to this one you have to explain why to the sales manager. I had to switch to rude mode to make the guy understand I didn't want it and if the pressure didn't stop I would be walking out.

Joe

Yea the Supagaurd is good but not worth the cost some stealers charge you.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lucky enough to have a few friends who work in garages and have accumulated a few bottles of the polish and wash...

I would buy a good wax and wash from your local car accessory and apply once you've brought the RAV....and spend the money saved on a good camera to then post some pic's of ya ride to show us all.........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've have had all my new vehicles treated with supagard, and i'll swear by it, ok so its a tad expensive but its good tackle, you do get a bag in the boot with extra containers of the stuff to use later and you also get supagard keyfinder free for 12 months, if you loose your keys house included you will get them replaced free.

Re- supagard road grime just falls of your vehicle after a good pour down i think i hand clean mine about three times a year and the dead flies on the bonnet just fall off leaving no trace of them, if you can afford it go for it.

At the time of buying my vehicle new Wollaston also bought his. We both had them supagaurded and we have both come to the conclusion that it was a waste of money. We both wash ours usually once a week and even using the supplied car wash solution they stopped beading up after about 3 months (10 to 12 washes). Maybe the secret is to only wash it 3 times a year but that may preserve the coating but kind of defeats the object a bit. You might as well not have it treated if you cant see the benefit.

Ther is no doubt that all dealers (not just Toyota) will try to push this treatment as the dealer and the salesman are commisioned on it. However, I will never bother with it again as I think it is no more durable than a good quality polish and for the interior a tin of scothgaurd.

If you want to intimidate your dealer into upholding the warranty no matter what, then we do hire bothy out for when you visit them at home but be sure to keep the choke chain tight and just out of reach of the victim as he can be very ferocious.

At the time of buying my vehicle new Wollaston also bought his. We both had them supagaurded and we have both come to the conclusion that it was a waste of money. We both wash ours usually once a week and even using the supplied car wash solution they stopped beading up after about 3 months (10 to 12 washes). Maybe the secret is to only wash it 3 times a year but that may preserve the coating but kind of defeats the object a bit. You might as well not have it treated if you cant see the benefit.

Ther is no doubt that all dealers (not just Toyota) will try to push this treatment as the dealer and the salesman are commisioned on it. However, I will never bother with it again as I think it is no more durable than a good quality polish and for the interior a tin of scothgaurd.

If you want to intimidate your dealer into upholding the warranty no matter what, then we do hire bothy out for when you visit them at home but be sure to keep the choke chain tight and just out of reach of the victim as he can be very ferocious.

GGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've have had all my new vehicles treated with supagard, and i'll swear by it, ok so its a tad expensive but its good tackle, you do get a bag in the boot with extra containers of the stuff to use later and you also get supagard keyfinder free for 12 months, if you loose your keys house included you will get them replaced free.

Re- supagard road grime just falls of your vehicle after a good pour down i think i hand clean mine about three times a year and the dead flies on the bonnet just fall off leaving no trace of them, if you can afford it go for it.

The product is good but it's not just applied to the paint, it is applied to the fabric/leather too. It is worth it just for the free key insurance you get with it!

It is true to say some dealers pay their salesmen large commissions to sell it, that doesnt make it a bad product, that just makes you feel you were ripped off. Salesmen are tasked to sell all sorts of add ons, it's the only way to make money out of selling cars these days. See if you can have a deal with your dealer and get it discounted. I have seen a bottle of coke poured over a seat prepared with supaguard and it never left a mark, there are other products just as good on the market, you may find some cheaper

Kingo :thumbsup:

Seems to be a mix of views.

I think I may just use my Swissvax wax on the outside, and get some scotchguard for the inside, and save some money.

Thanks for the input

Matthew

Seems to be a mix of views.

I think I may just use my Swissvax wax on the outside, and get some scotchguard for the inside, and save some money.

Thanks for the input

Matthew

Good plan, definatly worth the scotchguard treatment

I was a valeter for 20 years,

and had training to apply this when i worked at BMW.

So i have seen the results from new cars, that come back time after time for servicing.

Your plan sounds fine to me, as the interior protection is basicly scotch guard anyway ;)

Also the maximum the dealer will pay for the whle kit is around £60 :o

i always thought the price they charge customers was a bit over board :unsure:

i used to supply & apply it for friends for £60 + beer :D

Good to have some input from a professional.

I imagine that applying the process to a new vehicle is hard enough but they try to get you to take it on second hand cars which must be hard work in terms of preperation?

However, £60 is a lot more reasonable and I think that you would have no trouble getting the bonus of 2 beers if you offer your services on here.

Our friend bothy has a different process. It involves standing the car in the acid rain after driving it through muddy puddles at 200mph. Adds to the character!

Reg Vardy used to give you the hard sell on a similar product called Diamond Brite.

Im sorry but you are way off the mark, the kits cost double that, and it has to be applied by a valeter such as yourself, which takes time, their is a profit margin in it, and so there should be, as far as I'm aware it is not yet illegal to make a profit in this country...........yet

Yes Kingo it is illegal.

It comes under the "Cruelty to RAV owners act" 2007. However, if you promise to pass on parts and accessories to us with no profit or VAT :ffs: we promise not to grass you up :thumbsup: .

Got the supaguard free on my last car (French but wont mention it again) :!Removed!: :!Removed!:

Tried to charge me £299 for it :lol: :lol: :lol: and a few choice words later..had it free as part of the deal....

Toyota dealers making a profit off of us honest Toyota owners....never :o :o that can's be right is it Kingo.....

Matt, looks like you're still a a member of RX8OC. I'm not, so can't look to make sure, but there are big discounts on supagard kits available there, for members. I'm sure I remember seeing £19.99? Or that could be what the dealers actually buy the kit in at? Maybe worth a look?

Toyota dealers making a profit off of us honest Toyota owners....never :o :o that can's be right is it Kingo.....

An honest profit is fine with me.........how else can I afford three months a year in the Maldives? :rolleyes: :D

Im sorry but you are way off the mark, the kits cost double that, and it has to be applied by a valeter such as yourself, which takes time, their is a profit margin in it, and so there should be, as far as I'm aware it is not yet illegal to make a profit in this country...........yet

:rolleyes: well i am going back 18months ago, they must have gone up :lol:

i got them for a few peeps on here, i got them for £50 at the time :D

ANCHORMAN- yes its alot harder work on a used car, as you have to get the paintwork & inside looking mint before you can apply it,

used to take alot of g3 and handglaze & a good wax, before applying the guard.

by the way i'm no longer a valeter, i've retired into a nice warm office job :P

OK OK I promise not to do it again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Okey Dokey

Oh and did I mention we still want our discount as well? :rolleyes:

Matt, looks like you're still a a member of RX8OC. I'm not, so can't look to make sure, but there are big discounts on supagard kits available there, for members. I'm sure I remember seeing £19.99? Or that could be what the dealers actually buy the kit in at? Maybe worth a look?

I have looked in the members section of RX8OC and got the following prices

BASE PACK £95.00

SUPAWHEELS BASE PACK £119.00

FULL PACK FABRIC £199.00

SUPAWHEELS FULL PACK FABRIC £ 210.00

FULL PACK LEATHER £199.00

SUPAWHEELS FULL PACK LEATHER £210.00

ULTRA PRO PACK £249.00

There seems to be full kits on eBay for about £20 though. Wondered if it was worth it just for the interior protection.

An honest profit is fine with me.........how else can I afford three months a year in the Maldives? :rolleyes: :D

The Maldives - which mental hospital is that?? I can only remember a hospital called Arrowpark or similar down yer way.

I have looked in the members section of RX8OC and got the following prices

BASE PACK £95.00

SUPAWHEELS BASE PACK £119.00

FULL PACK FABRIC £199.00

SUPAWHEELS FULL PACK FABRIC £ 210.00

FULL PACK LEATHER £199.00

SUPAWHEELS FULL PACK LEATHER £210.00

ULTRA PRO PACK £249.00

There seems to be full kits on eBay for about £20 though. Wondered if it was worth it just for the interior protection.

Bgr that. Dya know how many bottles of o whisky ye can buy fur that??

An by the way, a wee bit Irn Bru rubbed aroon the car will keep all the rust aff cos it contains Iron...

Richt; waurs ra man wi the £60 offer tae ply me wi beer and polish the car as weel???

Wi me haeing the RAV oot the garage fur a fortnight tae play wi it (the RAV ya critens) ahm learning hoo tae jump o'er the puddles etc in the road. Jist a matter o applying the richt boot heavily on approach and keep an eye oot fur Mary Poppins....

Wi me haeing the RAV oot the garage fur a fortnight tae play wi it (the RAV ya critens) ahm learning hoo tae jump o'er the puddles etc in the road. Jist a matter o applying the richt boot heavily on approach and keep an eye oot fur Mary Poppins....

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links