Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trimming My Bush

vmail

was trimming the bush in the front garden today and Ive noticed a nest with an egg in it

now that the nest is not sheilded from the wind or the cats I dont know what to do

do I leave it where it is

do I put the egg in the bird house in the back garden

do I put some chocolate eggs in the nest to confused mama and papa bird

A nest with an egg in at this time of year, would have been laid in the spring/summer, I would say it has been abondoned.....Egg may not have been fertilized therefore wouldn't hatch, no embryo, only yolk just like a hens egg or

baby bird may have died.

........what kind of bush was it in ??? Holly, privithedge, yew tree? The reason I ask is certain birds only nest in certain places? but odd being so near to humans and predetors.

Looking forward to seeing pics!

I think its a type of smaller leafed privite... you have "proper privite" on either side and that nest has long been abandoned.

How did you know that it was a Privet

maybe you can tell me if this is a frog or a toad, it was found near the pond in the back garden

n582275853_214431_6920.jpg

n582275853_214428_6169.jpg

and what are the two plants that it is hiding in?

Lol its a Common frog (I used to keep frogs when I was little) and not a toad. I dont care about the plant in the first picture but the plant in the second picture is of the genus Hedra (very identifiable) Helix aka Ivy plant. :P

I knew it was a privite as it is the most commonest of bush to make up a hedge. Its cheap to buy and easy to maintain.

I heroworship Sir David Attenborough......watch his programmes when ever I can. :D

Next question pls. ;)

Asha when can you come round to my house?

I know that I have 2 different types of lavender, some grass, but I dont know what any of the other plants are

Asha when can you come round to my house?

I know that I have 2 different types of lavender, some grass, but I dont know what any of the other plants are

Not too keen on plants.....animals is more my thing but too busy right now writting up a report on Cerebrovascular accident. :rolleyes: :P