Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Bumper Protection Plate

ash7jar

Hello good people of the Toyota forums

I need a little help,

I have a Rav4 T180 and two dogs, now the rear bumper I am getting scratched to bits with the dogs jumping in and out of the car

So I need a Rear Bumper Protection Plate for the Rav but my dealer tells me it won’t fit the T180? Why not I ask, they don't know.

Help what can I can do apart from having the bumper repainted but then that pointless as it just going to happen again.

I don't superpose anyone here knows why the rear bumper protection plate don't fit the T180?

And perhaps I could make it fit some how.

Thanks for any help

Ashley

I think it's something to do with it not having a spare wheel on the back, and hence a different shaped bumper to the other models, eg: the number plate is in the bumper on other models.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. We can take photos to compare!

I'll do it tomorrow all being well.

Cheers

Dont know why it wont fit, i have one and its been very good , same problem of dog jumping in and out. Cost about £45 but its stopped all the damage to rear bumper. The 180 has a different bumper to my XT4 i.e no number plate on it. The maximum depth of the bumper measured (with rear door open) is about 245mm. The bumper guard sits on top of the bumper and is secured by the rear bumper fasteners along the rear door shut line (these pop out) and stickt tape on the back. It does curve over the rear edge of the bumper slightly. The measurement i took was from the edge of the plastic of the bumper and to the deepest point away from the bottom centre of the rear door sill. Dealers will also look at accessory lists and put your chassis number in whjich gives them a pre determined list. Hence they would not supply me with a T180 rear door hinge on my own chassis number. You could get them to order one in and try it with a dry run to see if it fits. Hope this helps Rich.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links