Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6x9

Phiber_Optik

Hi All,

I don't have access to my car at the moment and as a Christmas project while I am off work I would like to fit 6x9s to the rear parcel shelf.

Can Anyone please tell me if 6x9s will fit into the parcel shelf of a French Phase 2 Yaris.

Many thanks.

Is its a tight fit on the standard French Phase 2 parcel shelf or will they go in quiet comfortably?

Many thanks for your fast reply.

Thats a relief, I have yet to measure my Phase 2 shelf and any time I look at it I find it hard to believe that 6x9s will fit. Should make an interesting Christmas project while I am off work.

Would you recommend in strengthening the shelf in anyway? I was thinking of some strips of wood along it in the thinner areas of the shelf, held in place with something like no more nails and then covered with carpet (Underneath the shelf)

Don't want to go for a stealth shelf or a home made one as I like the standard one.

Many thanks for all your help.

Thats a relief, I have yet to measure my Phase 2 shelf and any time I look at it I find it hard to believe that 6x9s will fit. Should make an interesting Christmas project while I am off work.

Would you recommend in strengthening the shelf in anyway? I was thinking of some strips of wood along it in the thinner areas of the shelf, held in place with something like no more nails and then covered with carpet (Underneath the shelf)

Don't want to go for a stealth shelf or a home made one as I like the standard one.

Many thanks for all your help.

you will need to strengthen the shelf to make it stiff if you want any kind of sound quality, get a sheet of 8 or 10mm mdf and cut it to the size of the shelf but slightly smaller then screw the shelf to the top of it, cut speker holes, and cover in carpet.

where you from mate?

Thanks for that reply forde only read your post today, I was thinking about using something like mdf to strengthen the shelf from underneath to improve the sound quietly and cut down any possible rattles over the weekend.

From Moira in Northern Ireland, Down the road from Lisburn or Lurgan, What about yourself?

Anyone else any recommendations for fitting 6x9s to the standard parcel shelf... Anyone any photos of there set ups?

Many thanks.

I have a french phase 2 model, fitted 6x9s ok, but everytime i opened the boot the rear shelf kept falling out because of the weight of the Speakers.

I made a stealth shelf with some mdf and it fitted perfectly. The Speakers sound about 20 times better aswell.

MDF from B&Q cost about £7, and then bought that stuff that sound can get through and it was a job done, took me about 1 hour 1/2 to make, and also saves you from buying a new parcel shelf when your going to sell your car.

Sim :thumbsup:

I plan on just letting the shelf sit on its mount and take the strings off it so it doesn't go up and down with the boot, my boot is rarely used, the other half's car is the shopping wagon.

May end up making a mdf shelf but I really like the looks of the stock one, so will try and keep it the best I can. Not to worried about buying another shelf, I plan on having this car a number of years.

Do you have an pictures of you stealth shelf?

Roll on Christmas time, for when I have the free time to do all this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links