Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Remove Or Install A Toyota Avensis 2002 Car Stereo

Helper

Can you please help some one. I am planning to install new mp3 player in my toyoto avensis 2002 model. Can you please some body help me where can I find the documents or manuals.

1. How to remove the existin car cd player, required some instructions.

2. How to install new cd player, do I require any aditional adapters or any thing to buy?

The one which I am planning to install is : VR3 bluetooth REMOTE SD RDS CD MP3 PLAYER CAR STEREO

Your help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I take it , you mean the previous shape of Avensis, 1999 to 2002 !

I would put mu fingers on the bottom of the two central air vents and pull... The whole silver (or wood alike) bezel will clip out. Then gently pull more and undo the cable connections. Easy to understand what to do once you take a look in the back... Do not know anything about what you might need afterwards...

Can you please help some one. I am planning to install new mp3 player in my toyoto avensis 2002 model. Can you please some body help me where can I find the documents or manuals.

2. How to install new cd player, do I require any aditional adapters or any thing to buy?

The one which I am planning to install is : VR3 BLUETOOTH REMOTE SD RDS CD MP3 PLAYER CAR STEREO

I did it a few weeks ago - the worst bit is trying to release the control surround all the way out as - it takes a fair bit of jiggling around - if you are still having problems I can give a more detailed explanation bit its worth doing if you like your tunes! The CD player is held in by a few screws and you fit your new unint in the sameway so you dont need to use a cage. Let me know if you find a trim as I couldnt find one - but its a good(ish) fit and you only have small gaps on each side which isn't that bad!

The one which I am planning to install is : VR3 BLUETOOTH REMOTE SD RDS CD MP3 PLAYER CAR STEREO

Oh yeah - you will need a wiring harness adapter and maybe an aerial adapter total cost about 11 squid!

Thanks all of you for the information. I have taken out my cd player and going to install the new one soon. I have placed an order for the Toyoto Avensis harness/iso adapter.

One thing I am not sure, my new car audio is having one output socket which does have 8 pins top and 8 pins bottom. But when I looked into the harness adapter picture it looks some thing different. Is it the right one which I need to use. Please update me the information

CT20TY01.jpg

Please check the image if you get one from the above web site and let me know.

Thanks guys, at last I have installed my audio cd player. Only issue is it wont work my existing and inbuilt sat nav any more. I have no idea whether I can still use my sat nav.

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys, at last I have installed my audio cd player. Only issue is it wont work my existing and inbuilt sat nav any more. I have no idea whether I can still use my sat nav.

How did you manage to get your stereo out? I've got a Picnic (I guess this is kinda similar to an Avensis), and have also wish to install the vr3.

Thank!

THE SAT NAV WILL NOT WORK WITH AN AFTER MARKET HEAD UNIT. THERE IS NO FASCIA ADAPTER AVAILABLE. AS FOR THE GAPS, I PUSHED IN SOME 12MM DRAUGHT EXCLUDER.

Hi Helper,

I have recently purchased Avensis GS 2002. Unfortunately the Sat Nav box was missing hence i don't have that option. However i quite like the trip computer etc. I was consdering installing an after market CD/MP3 ipod bluetooth unit but don't want to loose the trip computer function.

Can you tell me if your Trip Computer (MPG data etc) works with your after market head unit?

Thanks

Hi Helper,

I have recently purchased Avensis GS 2002. Unfortunately the Sat Nav box was missing hence i don't have that option. However i quite like the trip computer etc. I was consdering installing an after market CD/MP3 ipod bluetooth unit but don't want to loose the trip computer function.

Can you tell me if your Trip Computer (MPG data etc) works with your after market head unit?

Thanks

Every option in the computer regarding mpg etc works fine without the CD unit .

where did u get the facia from..?

me also wanna change the cd player..

when i tried couldn't get a facia at all..

so i just give it up..

so i just give it up..

Hi,

I´m from Spain and i came here to look for exactly the same thing : Facia Adaptor. i´ve been wanting to change my avensis radio

since a year but no luck. but i found some one who sells it yesterday.

The guy doesn´t have it in stock right now but says it´ll be in 10days.

i can tell you how it looks and how much it costs only after the get the piece.

csanil

Hi !

Today i got a call from the dealer , he said the price of the AVENSIS FACIA ADAPTOR is 47.90 euros. (36.00GBP) and it´s available only in black.

what do u guys think? Is the price reasonable ? Should i buy it ?..

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Hi !

Today i got a call from the dealer , he said the price of the AVENSIS FACIA ADAPTOR is 47.90 euros. (36.00GBP) and it´s available only in black.

what do u guys think? Is the price reasonable ? Should i buy it ?..

Thanks

Hi - I also have spoken to a dealer today but the part they ordered was just a blanking plate and not suitable for fitting a stereo into - did you get something different and so you have any info please?

Thanks

so i just give it up..

Hi,

I´m from Spain and i came here to look for exactly the same thing : Facia Adaptor. i´ve been wanting to change my avensis radio

since a year but no luck. but i found some one who sells it yesterday.

The guy doesn´t have it in stock right now but says it´ll be in 10days.

i can tell you how it looks and how much it costs only after the get the piece.

csanil

Hi - did you manage to get this part and what was it like please? Is it still available to order please?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

hi,

I've also recently bought the above adapter to install a new stereo, but i can't seem to figure out how to connect it up.

I've attached what the back of my stereo looks like. Do i need to also use the cable supplied with the new stereo?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

post-99945-0-59568300-1329058297_thumb.j

I suspect you have a Sony headunit?

If so, you need a lead to convert the Sony 16 pin plug to a standard ISO connector. (plug in back of unit)

See:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Adapter-SONY-Stereo-ISO-16pin-Cable-Lead-/220939993006?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item33710cbfae#ht_1115wt_1401

Then you need the lead you have purchased which converts the Toyota Avensis wiring to an ISO (plug into loom).

Then just connect the two together.

hi thanks,

i dont have a sony stereo, just a budget one that does the job, have attached a pic.

So basically i will need both adapters to get things working?

Thanks for your help.

post-99945-0-76902800-1329310669_thumb.j

I've done a quick search on-line and can't find an ISO adapter for the VR3 units. You will need to use what is supplied and solder it to the Toyota/ISO adapter. Don't whatever you do cut off the Toyota plug!

The instructions should provide you with the correct colour codes of the wires.

I've done a quick search on-line and can't find an ISO adapter for the VR3 units. You will need to use what is supplied and solder it to the Toyota/ISO adapter. Don't whatever you do cut off the Toyota plug!

The instructions should provide you with the correct colour codes of the wires.

This link may help:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t11187364-need_wiring_harness_plug_vr500cs_bt_car

cool have ordered the cony cable anyway. But thanks for your help, will see what u can do.

• 5 months later...

Hi Helper,

Thanks

I have an01 avenis estate what I would like to do is remove the cd player and put the sony bluetooth that i already have in that slot leaving the radio and all the lovely mileage buttons working and the sterring wheel controls im not worried about the sat nav and to try and use it as