Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremy Clarkson Likened The A.e.101 To A Dishwasher

Flynn2

Has anyone seen the "jeremy Clarkson's car years" subtitled "How Japan took over the world and lost it again" episode where Jeremy clarkson stands in front of a row of general kitchen appliances and starts talking about a Corolla, then sees he is standing beside a fridge freezer and then moves over to a dishwasher and says something along the lines of "Ah, that's it" and starts describing the Corolla again before moving to the actual Corolla and continuing. Now, no offense to owners of the earlier shape, but if he was describing the squarer model Corolla then that would have been fair cop because it does generally look quite square(which is not a bad thing, ofcourse). But the A.E.101 is by far the shapiest Corolla of them all and I feel that Clarkson was just saying it for the hell of it. :rolleyes:And he said it was like a shapeless white cloud

you should bear in mind that clarkson hates corolla, full stop irrelevant of model.

What you must remember with Clarkson and the general attitude of the ‘new look’ Top Gear (program for idiots) is that if a car is reliable – in other words does what it’s meant to DO! …he hates it!

But things like Alfas, TVR’s etc which breakdown and are unreliable he likes …???!!!

What overpaid to$$ers like him (and others in the media) forget is that most of us cannot afford to spend lots of money on a car as a ‘Toy’ and thus be able to tolerate unreliability because we need to have a reliable car to get to work on time etc!

1. It was not Top Gear that he said it on.

2. If it looks good, what has reliability got to do with anything when the subject matter is looks?

all they ever review is supercars most of the time... what happened to the old Top gear?

I do like the odd supercar now and againbut would love to see some good honest reviews on other stuff too.

all they ever review is supercars most of the time... what happened to the old Top gear?

I do like the odd supercar now and againbut would love to see some good honest reviews on other stuff too.

I fully agree with you m8, wheres top gear going we get car reviews on cars that joe public can not afford to fill up with fuel let alone own one, i personally give the program a wide berth nowadays due to fact its a rich guys program and out of my league.

I remember nearly falling off my seat laughing when he said at the end that the japanese taught European manufacturers how to make reliable cars and were now missing out because European manufacturers make better looking ones.It was something in that vane anyway.Think he has not read the JD power surveys recently.

Clarkson is a complete ***** and Top Gear is now a comedy.How many of us can afford Bentleys or Aston Martins.Just appealing to the lowest common denominator type of TV.Cannot bear to watch it.

I know this programme was not top gear but still.

Do you really care what clarkson and his cronies think?

To put it plainly, they're all a bunch of pompous t w @ t s anyway!

And as far as the programme goes, it was miles better when William Woollard presented.

Cheers.

if you want car themed entertainment, watch top gear

if you want reviews, watch something else, 5th gear, some used car show etc

does it mean one car show is better than another, no (bar vroom vroom), different shows tend to appeal to different people for different things, top gear is more about comedy, staged events and general sunday entertainment before the hell of going back to work on a monday.

MBK

top gear is more about comedy, staged events and general sunday entertainment before the hell of going back to work on a monday.

Yes, BUT ...

...Top Gear was originally a 'Pebble Mill' production in approx 1978 as an advice/help/information program for Motorists and they did a lot of good (in someways like watchdog today).

An example of their (then) good work was exposing FIAT UK for leaving 'new cars' lying in swampy fields before customers took delivery - this was around 1979. Due to Top Gear anouncing this FIAT had to officially appologise/compensate certain customers; this was totally thanks to Top Gear.

What a shame they can't be a motoring program that HELPS and ADVISES motorists today!

...But having said all of above we don't have to watch Top Gear anymore - theres always the on/off switch! :)

or like someone said watch another programe like 5th gear or summat lol

top gear is just for entertainment, take it as that and only watch it if thats what you wanna see, a bit of light hearted comedy.

they arent bad cars, but lets face it, compaired to an aston martin, or a tvr, they arent exactly gonna win on looks (will have tvr on reliability though :D )

i love the shape of the 101 though, even if mine now has a few extra curves lol

Don't you mean dents!? :D

no, i mean curves, like i've added a curve in the bonnet to help deflect wind over the windscreen, erm my sidelight pokes out to deflect around the side, the whole where the other one was is an air intake place :P

Has anyone seen the "jeremy Clarkson's car years" subtitled "How Japan took over the world and lost it again" episode where Jeremy clarkson stands in front of a row of general kitchen appliances and starts talking about a Corolla, then sees he is standing beside a fridge freezer and then moves over to a dishwasher and says something along the lines of "Ah, that's it" and starts describing the Corolla again before moving to the actual Corolla and continuing. Now, no offense to owners of the earlier shape, but if he was describing the squarer model Corolla then that would have been fair cop because it does generally look quite square(which is not a bad thing, ofcourse). But the A.E.101 is by far the shapiest Corolla of them all and I feel that Clarkson was just saying it for the hell of it. :rolleyes:And he said it was like a shapeless white cloud

you have missed the point - he is comparing it to white goods as it has function but no passion. he is right, normal toyotas are boring and reliable which is why people buy them. i buy performance corollas becuse people dont expect them to be anything special then when they catch you up you see them trying to read the t sport Badge wondering how a corolla was so quick. thumbs up Jeremy. i drive a carine e to and from work and it is boring but i still love it as it is a well made reliable car (carina estate - jap built) and never lets me down.

ps. ae102 is my favourite just incase my user name didint make that obvious

they arent bad cars, but lets face it, compaired to an aston martin, or a tvr, they arent exactly gonna win on looks (will have tvr on reliability though :D )

The model I am talking about does have a unique shape though, let's face it :thumbsup: