Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles Per Litre

Doreen_Plantpot

have i got a problem,

i am only getting about 35 miles per litre in my 1.3

im sure i have a stone stuck in the exhausts

DP*

I have moved your post from the Celica Forum to the Yaris Forum where I am sure that it will receive a much more serious reply...........................that is if it was a serious question.

Most Yaris owners would be delighted to get 35 miles per litre :rolleyes:

do you mean miles per gallon?

35 mpg aint that bad really.

i dont see how a stone could be stuck in your exhaust, or what it would do once it was in there.

:wacko:

i dont see how a stone could be stuck in your exhaust, or what it would do once it was in there.

Still seems better than mine. Traded in my old 54 plate Yaris 1.3 for a new one last week and it had half a tank of fuel when I bought it and just over 12 miles on the clock. Yesterday, was around 102-104 miles and the reserve indicator is flashing already (around town only). So either I'm getting 180 miles a tank from a 1.3 Yaris compared to at least 350-400 with the previous model, or something is wrong.

The only other thing I can think off is that having the air con on for about 10 minutes total eats fuel like crazy? Or leaving the temp on "HI" and settings on "AUTO" eat into it for some reason (even though it doesn't switch on the AC this way does it?)

Still seems better than mine. Traded in my old 54 plate Yaris 1.3 for a new one last week and it had half a tank of fuel when I bought it and just over 12 miles on the clock. Yesterday, was around 102-104 miles and the reserve indicator is flashing already (around town only). So either I'm getting 180 miles a tank from a 1.3 Yaris compared to at least 350-400 with the previous model, or something is wrong.

The only other thing I can think off is that having the air con on for about 10 minutes total eats fuel like crazy? Or leaving the temp on "HI" and settings on "AUTO" eat into it for some reason (even though it doesn't switch on the AC this way does it?)

Miles Per-Litre!

Isn't that an Anglo-French aristocrat?

Mileage seems about right for town driving. Bit more for long journeys. If something large was stuck up your tailpipe (Oo-er Missus) then the car would probably just stall.

Many times as a nipper, friends of mine would shove a potato into the end of an exhaust pipe, just to baffle the owner who wondered why the car would start, then just stall!

Please note, not to be done to a high performance car, this will act like a powerful spud gun!!! :yahoo:

i was told that i have a big stone in there that could be stopping the fumes :wacko:

i was told that i have a big stone in there that could be stopping the fumes :wacko:

Was this the same place that said you need to change your clutch every 6 months... :angry: :) :) :) :)

35 Miles per litre

4.5 litre's to the gallon

your Yaris is doing something like 159 miles per gallon

Call the Guinness book of records I think :rolleyes:

35 miles per gallon (or 5 litres) is not the worst. When was the last time it was serviced, new air filter and spark plugs?

You should take it a run (probably on the motor way) and try to maintain 55mph or 60mph for a better indication to recalculate the fuel economy.

if you are saying you got 35mpg because you read it on your wee display, that thing aint that accurate.

also, if you never reset it or very rarely do it definitely wont be accurate.

try resetting it before each journey and see your average for that journey.

dont take it for a run on the motorway, it wont make any difference. sure, you'll get good mpg on that particular run but as soon as you go back to driving the way you normally do you wont be getting any more mpg even if the display has changed.

try counting how many litres you put in and then see how far you get thats more accurate than the display

My 1.3 MMT Yaris has done approx 35 mpg since new (8000 miles) mostly town driving (a great improvement on my previous auto 1.6 Merc A class).The average indicator on the dash is reset at each fill up and is accurate to about + or - 3 mpg.