Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wash

borodaz

would anyone trust the drive through car wash ? would it scratch the paint/damage my bodywork? the reason i ask is i may take mine to one as its too cold to wash the car.

also i spend two hours cleaning my car and the next day it is filthy again, im begining to think its a waste of time washing it.

as i work in the steel industry the car is never clean mon - fri.

would anyone trust the drive through car wash ? would it scratch the paint/damage my bodywork? the reason i ask is i may take mine to one as its too cold to wash the car.

also i spend two hours cleaning my car and the next day it is filthy again, im begining to think its a waste of time washing it.

as i work in the steel industry the car is never clean mon - fri.

I have used drive-in car washes many times but I now use one of the many 'guys on spare land' washes you see around.

They do a far better job of the wheels than any machine can.

If you are short of time though, use the machines but allow for micro scratches on metallic paint :rolleyes:

thx for the reply im going to take it to one now, they also wash under the car too. im off for two weeks over xmas so ill wash it properly then :D

the petrol station carwashes use recycled dirty water, so you won't be getting a very good clean.

you'd be better off using the power spray washers.

the petrol station carwashes use recycled dirty water, so you won't be getting a very good clean.

you'd be better off using the power spray washers.

have a jet wash at home. didnt know they used recycled dirty water lol how scruffy is that.

think im just going to give it a wash now by hand whilst ive got some spare time.

I tend to just take it down the petrol station and use the jet spray on it to clear the top layer of dirt and then take it home to hand wash it. In the new year I'll get myself a jet washer and foam lance so I can do it all at my house.

Dont put a t-sport or and model that has roof spoiler through a carwash, chances are it will rip it off.

Goto somebody who does hand washes

theres a guy in the yaris t sport sub-forum bit where his spoiler was taken off during a carwash. and he has had problems trying to get compensation.

As others have said. Just go to one of those places where 10 Polish people wash your car for a fiver while you're sat in it.

Or the ones that wash it while you do your shopping in Sainsbury's car park on a Sunday. :D

theres a guy in the yaris t sport sub-forum bit where his spoiler was taken off during a carwash. and he has had problems trying to get compensation.

It all comes back to the little signs these places have that state you use the car wash at your own risk, and you are responsible for any damage to your vehicle. :(

theres some stuff u can get in Halfords....cant remember the name tho were u link the bottle to a hose pipe then u can was the car and rinse it without havin to go back and forth a million times for buckets of water. thinks its made by car plan cant remember tho other than its good stuff

usually when you see a whole load of disclaimer signs before gong into the car wash its never a good sign....if anything happens to your car in it, you have no come back..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links