Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traction Control Wont Switch On

basher mony

hey guys any help would be good.ive got a 2002 t sports and the traction control wont switch on,no lights on the dash 4 it when starting the car no beeps nuffin plus my abs light has come on 2 times but goes straight back off again any ideas thx .....

Are you sure it's not on by default and the switch is actually to disable it?

That's how it works on many other cars. The only time you'll see the light will be when the engine is off or when the system actually kicks in to deal with a spinning wheel.

thx for the reply

a dont get any lights for it when engine is off or on plus the car can wheels spin on dry road and just wants 2 wheels spin all the time in the wet need try sort it becuz of the icey weather lol

thx for the reply

a dont get any lights for it when engine is off or on plus the car can wheels spin on dry road and just wants 2 wheels spin all the time in the wet need try sort it becuz of the icey weather lol

When i turn the ignition on in my car i get the vsc, traction ,slip, air bag, abs, mil and oil lights coming on. They go out after the car does its system checks or when the car starts in the case of the oil and mil. Is your mil light staying on?

dont think a get most of them m8 lol took a wee vid 2 show u can a post it here?

I dont know,can post pictures,dont think vids but could be wrong, could pull the neg of the bat, reset the ecu. What does light up when you turn the ignition to position two?

That's weird. You should have VSC and TRC lights aswell!!

Have you checked the fuses?

Have you got a TRC Off button next to the steering wheel?

yeah a have the button but its does nothing :S a check the fuse box in the engine bay were the trc fuse is and it seems ok

You have everything except the trc,vsc and the wheel slip light,that ones above the fuel light,they light up as well when you turn the ignition. Also the last one comes on when wheels are slipping. Strange one,i cant help you,id says that one's a trip to toyota and let them connect it to the computer

Driving without traction control on is almost a death wish unless the road conditions are excellent. This morning driving to work, usual style of driving, no rain, no ice and the wheels were spinning like mad through first and 2nd gear. Most unusual. TC was fully engaged and on.

My wheel spin lights were on for most of the journey to work today, no buzzers from the VSC though.

I've never had this type of wheel spin occur under normal driving, only when i'm giving it plenty of beans. Could it be whatever little grit on the streets that is causing this?

Cheers

Armz.

hey guys a little up date a still dont have any of the lights on the dash but if i go hard round a bend a start getting the beeping noise but still no lights does that mean the tc and vsc is working and could just need new bulbs in the dash (still wheel spins a lot) cheers guys

Driving without traction control on is almost a death wish unless the road conditions are excellent. This morning driving to work, usual style of driving, no rain, no ice and the wheels were spinning like mad through first and 2nd gear. Most unusual. TC was fully engaged and on.

Strange; plenty of people on here with earlier Toyotas that don't have TC, VSC and in some cases ABS, who manage just fine. If you press the pedals a little bit more gently you'll find the wheels don't spin or lock unless you want them to. IMHO a driving style that constantly has these systems kicking in is far more dangerous than driving without them. I'd agree, if you have these systems you should normally only disable them on the track; but relying on them on the road seems to defeat the point of having them to me.

hey guys a little up date a still dont have any of the lights on the dash but if i go hard round a bend a start getting the beeping noise but still no lights does that mean the tc and vsc is working and could just need new bulbs in the dash (still wheel spins a lot) cheers guys

Possibly. I'd be surprised if several bulbs have gone at once. Perhaps one of the multi-block connectors to your dials isn't connected properly or maybe you have some other fault in that area; perhaps a missing earth. Could be bulbs though. Toyota diagnostics might reveal the problem, or else you could dismantle the dash and check the connections and the bulbs. It sounds like the VSC is working but if the wheels spin perhaps the TC isn't. Perhaps that's disabled by the same fault that is causing the bulbs not to light up? Good luck.

think it might be a earth because a do get a few static shocks when comeing out of the car and other ppl have had a few to but a will try get to toyota soon to get it look at thx very much ;)