Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moderators

GT4 BOOSTER

lol nah if i wouldn't then i wouldn;t

it seems to much effort though lol i'd rather just get involved than havbe to police it and with the way decisions get reacted to i would find it hard haha

even more so at 5am. :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calisto

• Pompey Gaz

• GT4 BOOSTER

• cfc1

Top Posters In This Topic

would i make a good mod? lol

Do you like Ska and can you ride a Vespa? If not, forget it Gaz. ;)

Slip them a Fiver!!! ;)

God deja vu or what!! Jim remember this time last year!!

You asked this same question!!

Then came this pic taking the mick out of us all.

With all the posts that suddenly went missing, and then Roytoner got banned for telling you what Les had pmed him about you!

bEFORE.jpg

Looks like this will go missing soon & I will get Banned (again) :rolleyes:

would i make a good mod? lol

Do you like Ska and can you ride a Vespa? If not, forget it Gaz. ;)

Don't forget....64D00RKHA_normal.jpg:thumbsup:

Can I just say.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To this post - tonight we're gonna party like its 2006! :P

Anyone who wishes to become a mod can send a crisp tenner to me at:

10 IreallywannabeamodonTOC Road

Comical Town

Funnyshire

including a photo of you in the nude....

The tenners for the bribe, the photo's for my viewing pleasure..... ;) :lol: :lol:

too much work and theres nowt wrong, IMHO in the mods we have now

the site runs, people know the rules and follow them whats the problem?

Slip them a Fiver!!! ;)

God deja vu or what!! Jim remember this time last year!!

You asked this same question!!

Then came this pic taking the mick out of us all.

With all the posts that suddenly went missing, and then Roytoner got banned for telling you what Les had pmed him about you!

bEFORE.jpg

Looks like this will go missing soon & I will get Banned (again) :rolleyes:

lol....

I remember! :)

I got an apology (I think?) .... I'm not saying anymore. I'm trying to behave! lol. I actually adited it and nearly posted the picture last year. But I was SOOOO drunk I didn't quite manage it. :D

I've not had any drink this year.

Comical Town

Funnyshire

Now I know where Em lives I'm gonna go round and sort her out.

Laughable this thread...............

voice ur opinion n what happens??

banned and/or deleted!!!

nuff said

I wonder eh guys??? ;)

It isn't a "who you know" thing at all

The management team look for certain qualities within a prospective members posts and try to get a grasp of the type of character they have

:lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing I’ve read on here for ages!

You'd also want people who you could trust to behave with their new found powers of moderation.

You need someone who members could respect and will listen to and not just chosen by the management, I think there should be a private public vote by the members to the owners when a name is put forward.

Everyone can have a say so it doesn’t appear as a ‘job for the boys’.

If Steve or Les have several names as potential mods, they could put up a private poll (for only themselves to see) for everyone to vote for.

There have been a few Muppet Moderators over the years that thankfully they have long gone.

I think a Moderator should be someone who members don’t know personally but only virtually.

I’ve had more abuse from moderators than any other member put together on here. Picking the wrong person as a mod can be damaging to the TOC as we have seen in the past.

Thankfully the majority do a good job but there is one or two who shouldn’t be in that position (IMO).

If Steve or Les have several names as potential mods, they could put up a private poll (for only themselves to see) for everyone to vote for.

I like that idea :thumbsup:

It could even be taken a step further and members could vote for the moderating team they would like every 12 months. I don’t think a moderator’s job should be for life. Things can become stale. At the end of the day it’s a privilege to be a mod and the members should have a say who they won’t to supervise the things goings on.

Remember: No members, no need for moderators!

Mods that haven’t met the grade or have hidden agendas or are non existent could be voted out.

Mods that are fair, pro-active etc obviously would have a better chance for staying another year.

All votes would be private to the owners, votes cast within a 2 week window (for example)

Chances are the majority would stay in situ but as we all know, people change with a little bit of power (and I use the word Power VERY loosely!) and may not be suitable for the job or beneficial for the TOC.

Any thoughts?

the vote thing is a good idea but am not gunna get involved in this thread no more cause i aired my opinions and i aint been here when it was rubbish before so i only know it as it is

I think you've brought up a lot of good points James...

The members of the moderating team arent that big a deal.... I don't see why people get in such a tizz about the whole "mods" thing... it's not a glamorous job and if someone is really desperate to give it a go then maybe "trainee" mod status is a good idea - to get an idea of the job as a whole and then get evaluated to full mod status?

I don't agree that mods should be virtual though - knowing someone personally I think makes a hell of a lot of difference. You realise that they are a real person with real feelings, that they arent just living by TOC T&C's but they're fun and actually have a life outside TOC - I think thats important for all members to know.

I do think we need more women in the team though... equal opps people! :lol:

But ultimately at the end of the day, it's only the internet! ;)

The one "QUALITY" that a MOD needs more than anything else is.....................

Being able to take all the crap and personal threats that get thrown at them on the boards, by Private Message and email.

And a sense of humour helps too :lol:

The other thing is that along with the privilege of being a moderator you also have duties and responsibilities

The one "QUALITY" that a MOD needs more than anything else is.....................

Being able to take all the crap and personal threats that get thrown at them on the boards, by Private Message and email.

And a sense of humour helps too :lol:

The other thing is that along with the privilege of being a moderator you also have duties and responsibilities

How true :)

To be fair...I think it all depends on how you moderate will depend on the crap you get back from people, and deffo with you on the sense of humour!

Can I just say.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To this post - tonight we're gonna party like its 2006! :P

Comical Town

Funnyshire

including a photo of you in the nude....

The tenners for the bribe, the photo's for my viewing pleasure..... ;) :lol: :lol:

done, and I'll send you the pic on facebook aswell

That was a poor show & something that really deserved a banning in my opinion. It seems he'd decided he'd had enough of the place & was doing everything he could to be banned, posting a load of PMs for all to see was really bad, especially considering he'd posted asking how private they were not long before.

General question about being a mod - Just out of curiosity, have you got the power to just ban some1 because you don't like them?

General question about being a mod - Just out of curiosity, have you got the power to just ban some1 because you don't like them?

Moderators are not empowered to ban people from the forums...........that is for the management to do.

However the moderators views are taken into account and form a part of the decision making.

So just watch yourself Kev ;) ;) ...............(Only joking) :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links