Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mark Up

GIDDLEPIN

Well you should do, you may well have got a bit more out of the deal had you known the full circumstances :D:

I know dealers well enough to know when i've pushed as far as i can :rolleyes: Im not some wet behind the ears kid...

Look, you dont know anything about what went on with this deal as you werent there. Maybe he did make his bonus, fair play to him if he did. But maybe he didnt ;)

And if he didnt then this proves my point. That dealer doesnt always win. They usually do but sometimes they dont - fact.

Leeky

This isnt some personal attack on your ability to make a good deal, I am responding to your quote

Well i dont know if its any consellation but i got my dealer good

The point is, you didnt get your dealer good, you happened to offload a car which your dealer would be well aware was only worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet. It suited your dealer to sell you the Aygo, it's not about winners and losers, it's business, and being in this business for over 30 years I find I have to respond to people, who somehow think that trading in an old banger and getting over the odds for it is a victory, it isnt, it's just another deal

Kingo :thumbsup:

:lol: It's not the winning that is important....................It's the taking part ;) :P :lol:

I am pleased that you were mutually happy with the deal :thumbsup:

As I said earlier :rolleyes: ;)

The point is, you didnt get your dealer good, you happened to offload a car which your dealer would be well aware was only worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet. It suited your dealer to sell you the Aygo, it's not about winners and losers, it's business, and being in this business for over 30 years I find I have to respond to people, who somehow think that trading in an old banger and getting over the odds for it is a victory, it isnt, it's just another deal

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well it looks like we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one ;)

With regard to the dealers getting a two grand mark up on your trade in,well i mean what do you expect,its a business,if you want more go to the hassle of advertising it in autotrader you mite get a better price then,but it could be sitting on your driveway for god knows how long. There is nothing for free in this world,you want shot of you old car for your new one and you want the chance over on the same day then you pay for that convenience,in this case by taking a loss on your old cars true market value. As a general rule anything thats makes it easier for you to sit in your new car,you pay for it

With regard to the dealers getting a two grand mark up on your trade in,well i mean what do you expect,its a business,if you want more go to the hassle of advertising it in autotrader you mite get a better price then,but it could be sitting on your driveway for god knows how long. There is nothing for free in this world,you want shot of you old car for your new one and you want the chance over on the same day then you pay for that convenience,in this case by taking a loss on your old cars true market value. As a general rule anything thats makes it easier for you to sit in your new car,you pay for it

Looks like I need to highlight my post.....again :rolleyes:

Thing is I have been in the sales game and I understand what profits are about, we are very happy with the car and the price paid.

I'm just not happy with a B.S. excuse to tender a lower PX offer. :angry:

I would move your MR2 Les ................as the water is lapping around the wheels. ;)

You might just be OK though as it hasn't risen (much) in the last ten minutes that I have been watching it :P :lol::lol:

(Nice Signature BTW)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links