Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Headlights

bilynibbles

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - I did look but in vain. I'd like to upgrade my Yaris T-Sport's lights with xenon bulbs, but from experience with my wife's Smart, I know it's wise to check if you have plastic headlights first, since the bulbs are hotter. Will these be OK in the Yaris, if so, any particular brands to go for?:)

All yaris have plastic lense's

I put Philips Blue Vision bulbs in my IS200 (which also has plastic headlamps)

with no problems at all providing you stick to the same wattage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The standard Yaris T-Sport Headlights are 65/50s - meaning 65watts on full beam and 50 dim dipped.

I've upgraded to 'Rally Blue' Zenon bulbs by lucas. They are 100/80s and give a much better resolation and seem to be good in adverse weather also.

Haven't had any problems so far with overheating etc - anyone else tried these yet? They give a sort of blue/purple tint which is designed to be good in fog and rain.

i used to have a pair of Hiper Plazma White bulbs on my Honda Civic..gave out real white light..so I put them on my Echo (aka Yaris)...

After a month the left bulb gave out..and I switched to Osram CoolBlues..not as white but somehow the beam pattern doesn;t look as washed out..plus its DOT/MOT approved, 55w input ( i think the Hipers were 80w input!)...

The price was the same over here though..Hiper I think is made in Korea..while Osram is..well..OSRAM! can;t go wrong with that...they were cheaper than the Phillips' though :)

Thanks for that - as mentioned I kept the old ones for MOT type situations - if and when the rally blues give up I'll try those OSRAM ones ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links