Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question For Audiophiles And Stuff!

Jimlad

Is there a way to connect two optical audio leads into one connection? Is there some sort of junction box or something??

I have the 360 and Sky+ which I want to both connect with optical connections. Is it possible, or will I have to swap the lead about each time?

You can according to Maplin. No idea what happens if both inputs are live though; mayhem probably. ;)

EDIT> Scratch that - the description "One TOSlink input to two TOSlink outputs" suggests that it's what you need, but the name and the FAQs contradict that.

EDIT2> As per FAQ's for the above, it seems this switch is what you need.

Actually I think the splitter might work if you only have one input on at a time, but as the switch is only £15 I'd probably go that way if it were me.

You can according to Maplin. No idea what happens if both inputs are live though; mayhem probably. ;)

EDIT> Scratch that - the description "One TOSlink input to two TOSlink outputs" suggests that it's what you need, but the name and the FAQs contradict that.

EDIT2> As per FAQ's for the above, it seems this switch is what you need.

Actually I think the splitter might work if you only have one input on at a time, but as the switch is only £15 I'd probably go that way if it were me.

I've got one of those splitters. Works perfect. Not sure what happens if you have 2 sources sending sound though, never tried it.

I've got one of those splitters. Works perfect. Not sure what happens if you have 2 sources sending sound though, never tried it.

I thought it might; Maplin normally very good, but in the FAQ some comments say it will, and some say it won't. Bizzare.

I find FAQs confusing on some shopping sites. The best ones are Comets specification page, most of it wrong! :)

Gonna get one of those splitters thing.

Will probably go a bit ape if both sources are on. Or will I just get the switch? Mmmm....

choices!

Nope... gonna get the switch type instead.

coool ill get one its bedlam round here :lol: