Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Christmas Horror Story...

Dyn-O-mite

Last friday i was driving to see my parents with my 05 t-sport. Its about 2 hour trip. There was absolutely nothing wrong until saturday night... I was cruising at town and then desided to go seen my friend. In last corner i pushed clutch pedal and engine stopped. I thought it was nothing and tried to start again. It didnt start very well and i had to push some throttle to even get it try to start. I was able to drive to my friend (about 500m) i felt some shaking and the sound was also weird. It was about 9.00pm and i was really ****** of because i dont have any other ride. Well we went drinking with my friends for that night so i couldnt do much for the car.

Sunday morning i got up early and thought that maybe i could drive the car home. That didnt end up very well. I drived about 1km and huge white smoke came out of exhaust. Engine fault and VSC and TRC lights also went on. I obvioulsy pulled over and called a truck to take it near local T-shop. Thank god my insurance pays the costs! Does someone know whats wrong with my car?

Tomorrow i can call them to start repairing it because the shop wasnt open at christmas holidays. My guarantee goes out january 3 so im not gonna pay anything... I can only thank the car for breaking now instead of breaking when i dont have guarantee anymore.

I thought that toyota is guality but now i think it just ***** in a pretty jar...

Thats very unlucky. How often do you use lift? Not that lift should do any damage. I'm just worried because I drive the T Sport hard everyday.

Thats very unlucky. How often do you use lift? Not that lift should do any damage. I'm just worried because I drive the T Sport hard everyday.

I dont use lift much and that night was very slippery. That traction control light was blinking very often and VCS beebed couple times.

45000km drived.... about 28000 miles

sounds like another case of this engine not being as reliable as we think or maybe just a couple of bad apples. ive had serious engine problems with mine and had to pay for it to be sorted and i dont often use lift or give it a foot full as some people do and they dont have problems. :mad2: just bad luck

Called to mr.T today and he said that they cant start working with my cts until next monday... He was driving it inside at this morning and told me that its running with only 3 cylinders. Luckily my friend is a local toyota dealer and he lended me a bright red, crappy, smelly yaris for couple days. I miss my cts... oh, i just remeberred the day when i met her for first time! great memories =)

I´ve been trying to solve out what happened to the car and 4 people now has told me that when cylinder-head gasket burns, it lets coolingfluids in the cylinder and it mixes up with oil. That makes the white smoke from exhaust. Sounds pretty bad because motor can now be seriously damaged. Hopefully they change my engine to a brand new one! lol, not going to happen! link-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_gasket

Now i just have to wait to next monday... and drive with crappy yaris that smells bad... just my luck... im so ****** off right now...!!!!!

Ok, i got a call from mr.T today and he told that its not head gasket. its propably one of the nozzles. one of them doesnt respond to anything. they´re still investigating if there is something else. hope i´ll get it back soon...

Got her back yesterday and problem is solved! Behind the headunit or cd-player there is ONE wire that somehow controls nozzles. Well, my wire was broken and was making contact with something and caused the nozzle malfunction. Luckily i know a guy from Toyota and i didnt have to pay for it =) I had changed the original cd player and that propably was reason for all this :blushing: I got a full engine service because they thought the problem is in there! They did some tests with it and measured some pressures and stuff like that. My warranty ended yesterday so im really thankful that engine got checked!

Anyways, be careful when changing ur headunit!!! REMEMBER TO TAPE ALL THE UNUSED WIRES!!!! ...or u could end up with full engine service =)

Got her back yesterday and problem is solved! Behind the headunit or cd-player there is ONE wire that somehow controls nozzles. Well, my wire was broken and was making contact with something and caused the nozzle malfunction. Luckily i know a guy from Toyota and i didnt have to pay for it =) I had changed the original cd player and that propably was reason for all this :blushing: I got a full engine service because they thought the problem is in there! They did some tests with it and measured some pressures and stuff like that. My warranty ended yesterday so im really thankful that engine got checked!

Anyways, be careful when changing ur headunit!!! REMEMBER TO TAPE ALL THE UNUSED WIRES!!!! ...or u could end up with full engine service =)

all of that for a cd player! bet your well relieved!! at least all is well now - are you gonna extend your warranty now after that fright?

cars are far too complicated nowadays.

you shouldn't be able to break an engine by fitting a stereo, that's just wrong !

Glad you've got sorted mate !