Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

News On Supra Replacement - Lexus Lf-a

Leeky

It looks the part too ;)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr.../lexus_lfa.html

Hot off the press ;)

7mins 24secs lap of the ring, so faster than a Porsche GT2

4.8 V10 - 552bhp @ 9000rpm!

210mph!

Where do i sign? :D

Due out in the States, early 2008, should figure here sometime in the next ten years then!

Info from the Lexus.com pages Sorry but the images don't load. Read about it here also

I didn't notice any mention of price (£) :unsure:

But I want one of these :P

Toyota_FT-HS-concept3.jpg

God taht thing is vile looking!!!!!

LF-A any day!

God taht thing is vile looking!!!!!

LF-A any day!

I have heard it said that the Supra is not too good to look at but I guess that beauty is in the eye of the beholder :D

So.. which car is the "new Supra"...

Lexus LF-A with its 552bhp 4.8 V10...

car_photo_209816_7.jpg

or the

Toyota FT-HS with its 400bhp 4.0 V6 Hybrid?

toyota-fths.jpg

Both cars have now been called the new Supra.. but so far seems one is going to be branded Lexus.

I prefer the FT-HS for looks though.... and both being Hybrids means cheaper road tax :lol:

Yea fair enough its nice, and fast, but its not a supra replacement its just a new car by Lexus..... you ill nevr replace the Last Supra, the daddy of Jap cars.

..... you ill nevr replace the Last Supra, the daddy of Jap cars.

I think you might find that a good number of Skyline GTR owners would dispute that statement ;)

I think that both the Lf-a and the FT-HS are bloody stunning but sadly I cannot justify paying the Lexus premium price :(

car_photo_209816_7.jpg

toyota-fths.jpg

They are both pics of the same car....

Anyway, the LF-A would be aimed at the Nissan GTR where as the FT-HS would be a 350Z rival.

Also the LF-A isnt a Hybrid.

The LF-A is coming out, its confirmed. But the FT-HS is still only a concept so 'IF' they release it then it will probably look a lot different to the car you see here.

January 8th 2007

Lexus LF-A Concept: What Goes Around Comes Around

DETROIT — We've seen this Lexus high-performance sports car concept before. In fact, it was two years ago, right here in Detroit. Well, Lexus is still calling the LF-A a concept. But as far as we can tell, it has been updated to near-production car specs. How does a high-revving 500-plus-hp V10 that promises a top speed of 200 mph grab you? Yeah, we like the sound of that, too. Actually, we really do like the sound of the LF-A.

Last year on a trip to Japan for the Tokyo Motor Show, we had a chance to preview this concept at a secret Toyota test facility. No, we didn't get to drive it, but we did listen to the wail of that V10 as engineers put the development mule through its paces. It sounded a lot like current Ferraris and Lamborghinis, which is to say so good the hair on the back of our neck pricked to attention. We'd be surprised if we didn't hear a production announcement about the LF-A sometime this year. —Ben Stewart

2007_Lexus_LF-A_02.jpg

January 7th 2007

Toyota FT-HS Concept: Official Says New Supra Is '85%' Ready for Production

DETROIT — Toyota unveiled our favorite car of the Detroit auto show so far tonight: the FT-HS sports coupe. At an invite-only reception after the show was officially over, Toyota showed select media their idea of what a 21st-century sports car should look like. Now, sketches and photos do not do this car justice: I want this car in my garage, like, now. The styling is tough, edgy and, for the most part, original. For a brand known for stodgy styling, the FT-HS is certainly a surprise.

But the goodness of the FT-HS isn't just in the lines penned by the team at Toyota's CALTY California design studio; it's in the powertrain. This is a gas-electric hybrid sports car—one that promises to deliver around 400 hp from the combination of the 3.5-liter V6 and electric motors. Toyota says it can hit 60 mph in about four seconds. Not cool enough? How about delivering the car for about $35,000. Interested? Yeah, I thought so.

The best news of all is that this sexy beast isn't just a concept; it's the next Supra. Toyota insiders I spoke too were tight-lipped about production specifics—including the powertrain. But when we asked one of their tech gurus if the design was close to the production car, he replied, "Oh yeah, it's about 85 percent there." That's confirmation enough for us. Sign us up. You might expect to see a car like this in Toyota showrooms around 2009. —Ben Stewart

Toyota-FT-HS-detroit.jpg

From a different section on the same site....

The FT-HS isn't Toyota's first sports-car hybrid concept; we were smitten by the mid-engine Volta concept a few years back. But, unlike that car, this is the one most likely for production. Toyota kept and eye on practicality with this concept: It's a four-seater, just like previous Supras. The chassis is based on the same structure as the Lexus LF-A sports car that's been green-lit for production. But instead of a thirsty V8 or V10, the FT-HS has a sports-tuned, 3.5-liter V6 augmented by the next-generation hybrid system to produce the equivalent of 400 hp. The power in this concept is routed through a paddle-shifted manu-matic transmission through the rear wheels. Whether that hybrid system uses a lithium-ion battery pack is unclear. But given the time it takes to develop a new vehicle, that seems probable. —Ben Stewart

According to these reports they are both different cars... of course, things could have changed in the past year. If look closer at the pictures, both cars are totally different too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_LF-A#LF-A

In 2007, Lexus GB director Steve Settle confirmed that both a V10 and hybrid version of the LF-A would be produced.[5] The hybrid version, combining a petrol engine with electric motors, would likely feature a V8 powertrain similar to that designed for the Lexus LS 600h L.

There is also a little info on the FT-HS on Wikipedia which suggests it is a different car.

Toyota also had the FT-HS at the Goodwood Festival of speed this year and it has been reported that it is over 90% the finished car.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

If the FT-HS comes out at that sort of price, yes I know it would be £35000 rather than the $35000 shown, then I would get my name down for one.

I have had the Nissan 350Z and I loved it :P

Z5original.jpg

but I just know that Mr T can do better

It all sounds very interesting.

I love the LF-A but its going to be way out of my price range and i've never been a fan of V10'S. They just dont excite me. I preffer the sound of a V8 myself.

But the FT-HS with its clever technology and projected low price would have me camping outside the dealership to snag one on launch :lol:

Having never had the pleasure of driving a V10 I have no idea what they are like, however, give me a meaty V8, now theres an engine that sounds like it's going places

Kingo :thumbsup:

The LF-A looks terrific I think but I am sure that one of the commentators on the vid mentioned prices in excess of £100k. If I sold the house and put the family up in a caravan I could afford one of those....hmmm

• 1 month later...

Awesome engine..shame the car doesnt look anything special....

£51k pounds.....

I'd rather have a Vauxhall VXR8 with the 6 Speed manual myself and pocket the £20k difference... plus you got another litre under the hood...

Time for me to rob a bank :ph34r:

jerry!!

Time for me to rob a bank :ph34r:

jerry!!

Vmail will sort you out with something to move the safe with. :P

Is he a pro ;)

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links