Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Vs Golf Gti

boabytsportin

Hey all

had a wee run in way a w reg gti just wanderin wat was in it engine wise was it the 180hp engine cos i expected more from it. would pull away slightly until bout 5000rpm then a would slowly pull him in untill i hit lift then a was glued 2 him and could have easily passed.

cheers for any feedback

lol i like to read these stories :) if you didnt want to compare and see how your car stood up to the rivals you wouldnt have got a fast car right ?

i need to feel that lift everytime im in the car and i feel there is nothing better than when someone has a decent car and doesnt realise the power of lift until youve passed them :)

im really tempted to get the power apexi ecu or whatever it is and get my lift to engage at 5200 surely that should knock a second or two off 0-60

Hey all

had a wee run in way a w reg gti just wanderin wat was in it engine wise was it the 180hp engine cos i expected more from it. would pull away slightly until bout 5000rpm then a would slowly pull him in untill i hit lift then a was glued 2 him and could have easily passed.

cheers for any feedback

I'm not surprised that you could have easily passed him, the tsport would be more of a match for Golf MK5 GTi 200PS. My mate had one and reckons that the t sport was easily a match for it.

I raced a Mk3 Gti about 2 weeks ago it was lowered not too sure if he done n e thing to the engine, the driver must of been bout 19-20. he was right up my *****, so i had to show him wot a Tsport was, i guess it doesnt help that i debadged my Tsports signs. Lets just say he had NO chance wen i hit lift. he was still trying to giv it some wen i slowed down to turn off, i guess he wasnt expecting me to beat him and must of P****D him off :yahoo:

When will you learn that road racing gives no indication of a car's performance whatsoever; you have no idea whether you caught him because he lifted off once he reached the NSL (or exceeded it by whatever margin he was comfortable with). If you race a car on a track and outperform it then you have a reasonable indication of either your car's performance vs the other one, or perhaps your driving ability vs the other guy's.

Almost every time I leave a restricted area I accelerate quickly up to the NSL and then back off; at that point the car that was glued to my bumper in the NSL is some distance away, only to reappear close behind me a short while later. I'm sure there are shed loads of Corsa drivers around these parts who would swear that their cars can eventually catch up with and overtake a GT4 even if it has left them standing for a period of time.

reply to borodaz!

ye m8 ano wot you mean only had the car for three weeks now but when you learn how to use lift it really is a machine. not came across anytin else well apart from a rs4 but lets not talk bout that 1 lol. it wasnt that impresive but

a must sound like a right boy racer haha lol

Indeed. Are you confusing this site with something it isn't?

You might want to read the site Ts and Cs before replying.

Very clever.

About as clever as bragging about your road racing exploits on a public forum, or thinking your car is faster than everything that it overtakes or keeps up with.

ok ok lets just calm down a minute b4 u have a heart attack . wen did a even say a beat the car all i ever did was ask a question ya p***k so dont start on me ya fa*ny

ha ha ye me a spose a better go an cool down an eat ma new year dinner!

Enjoy. :)

i have a ibiza fr with revo and came accros a corolla tsport a couple of days ago so decided to sign up and have a read up about them as i only managed to gain about 3/4 car lengths on the corolla what is the lift of people are talking about on the corolla

it has 2 diffrent cam shaft 1 for economy and 1 for performance. when you hit 6200rpm you get a power surge not unlike a turbo and so am told its better than the v-tech. dont no all the tech stuff jus the basics. so wots the power of your ibiza now?

it has 2 diffrent cam shaft 1 for economy and 1 for performance. when you hit 6200rpm you get a power surge not unlike a turbo and so am told its better than the v-tech. dont no all the tech stuff jus the basics. so wots the power of your ibiza now?

it should be running 200 bhp now it was 150 as standard and after the map had a dodgy rr seshion with its power ranging from 160 to 189 bhp i sinse have changed the dv as i think the original was split so should be seing the right figs now . the lift thing sounds interesting i will have to go and test drive one to see what it is all about

i have a ibiza fr with revo and came accros a corolla tsport a couple of days ago so decided to sign up and have a read up about them as i only managed to gain about 3/4 car lengths on the corolla what is the lift of people are talking about on the corolla

do you mean 3 to 4 car lengths or 3 quaters of a car length ? excuse me if im being thick here lol :)

i would be fairly disapointed if i was that corolla driver being 3 to 4 car lengths behind an ibiza fr even if the ibiza was at 200 bhp thats only 11 bhp more than the corolla.

do you mean 3 to 4 car lengths or 3 quaters of a car length ? excuse me if im being thick here lol :)

i would be fairly disapointed if i was that corolla driver being 3 to 4 car lengths behind an ibiza fr even if the ibiza was at 200 bhp thats only 11 bhp more than the corolla.

An extra 11bhp and about 100kgs less........ What would you expect?

Revo quote the revo'd 1.8t FR at 207bhp. They are usually minimum expected figures so even at that i would say it has at least 17bhp+ than the t sport and probably a good bit lighter. Even still i wouldnt expect 3 car lengths...maybe the corolla driver got caught off cam at first? Those ibizas are cracking motors though, mate has a FR TDi 130 and it goes well.

Have you had any run ins with Civic Type R's Luke FR????

Welcome to the forum!

Revo quote the revo'd 1.8t fr at 207bhp. They are usually minimum expected figures so even at that i would say it has at least 17bhp+ than the t sport and probably a good bit lighter. Even still i wouldnt expect 3 car lengths...maybe the corolla driver got caught off cam at first?

Have you had any run ins with Civic Type R's Mr FR????

with the corolla he went to overtake me and so was definatly trying . i have had one go with old shape ctr i started of a couple of car lenghs ahead and it stayed that way until we had to slow down so on a straight i would say they are evenly matched however i wouldnt like to come up against one on the twistys

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links