Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Engine Management Light

Gregory1161

I have an '02 1.4vvti Corolla 73k.

Over the past 6 to 8 weeks my engine management light has been going on and off at two week intervals.

I phone my local dealer, and they want to charge me £55 for a diagnostics. Over the 8 weeks I have had the car into the dealer for a minor service and an MOT (both when the light had gone out), both with no problems.

Why would the light come on? I have checked all the fluid levels in the car and all seem normal, she starts fine and drives as normal.

Should I be worried? :unsure:

You could check to make sure your intake pipes are tight and have no leaks. Also check your vacuum pipes.

The engine light can come on for various reasons so you just have to check everything.

have you tried ringing any back street garages, alot have scanners now that should work on vvti toyotas with the later diagnostics plug, otherwise you can get a flash code up by inserting a short pin in the diagnostic port between the 4th pin from the left on the top row and 4th pin from the right on the bottom row, put the pin in with the ignition off then turn the ignition on and it should flash a code, if you post that on here i will get my mate to check the workshopmanual for it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links