Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt

rako

how to replace toyota hilux timing belt 3td auto nearly 90000km

Remove the viscous fan assembly and the shroud, remove cam belt cover, use a socket or spanner on the crank shaft pulley to line up all the timing marks (use a dab of white paint so you can see them better)

Remove the tensioner and compress in a vice and put something through the tiny hole to hold it compresed, (I used a small allen key)

Remove old belt,

Fit new belt,

Re-fit tensioner and remove pin to tension the belt,

Use the socket or spanner you used previously to turn the engine through at least two complete revolutions to ensure that the timing marks are still aligned.

Re-fit cam belt cover.

Re-fit fan assembly.

Start engine but don't rev straight away untill everything looks/sounds OK.

Remove the viscous fan assembly and the shroud, remove cam belt cover, use a socket or spanner on the crank shaft pulley to line up all the timing marks (use a dab of white paint so you can see them better)

Remove the tensioner and compress in a vice and put something through the tiny hole to hold it compresed, (I used a small allen key)

Remove old belt,

Fit new belt,

Use the socket or spanner you used previously to turn the engine through at least two complete revolutions to ensure that the timing marks are still aligned.

Re-fit cam belt cover.

Re-fit fan assembly.

thank you vince w for the reply. I have bought a new belt but has no timing marks on it so how do i set the belt. and also in your reply, you mentioned: Use the socket or spanner you used previously to turn the engine through at least two complete revolutions to ensure that the timing marks are still aligned. By doing this will it not start the engine?. Thank you.

Remove old belt,

Fit new belt,

Re-fit cam belt cover.

Re-fit fan assembly.