Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Weak

Matty007

Hope you may help I have a Celica 03 and the Battery seems pretty weak in the mornings, has been like this for some time now.

If I stop only for a few minutes with the lights on or radio on it will be flat.

I had a good run in the car this weekend and it is stronger at the moment.

My Dad reckons he will check the water levels, but can you do this with the newer Batteries ??

Is it just a case of getting a nice new shiny Battery ??

You can top up the water on some new batteries; not sure if yours is sealed or not.

Most Toyota ones have a window that indicates charge status.

Consider getting a good Battery charger that can re-condition batteries - e.g. a C-Tek. They can prolong the life of batteries, though not forever of course. I had what seemed to be a dead Battery in my MR2 and the C-Tek gave it a new lease of life a couple of years ago, but it's now looking like I need a new one unfortunately.

Good luck.

You can top up the water on some new batteries; not sure if yours is sealed or not.

Most Toyota ones have a window that indicates charge status.

Consider getting a good battery charger that can re-condition batteries - e.g. a C-Tek. They can prolong the life of batteries, though not forever of course. I had what seemed to be a dead battery in my MR2 and the C-Tek gave it a new lease of life a couple of years ago, but it's now looking like I need a new one unfortunately.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

The frosty weather takes it's toll on batteries, most modern batteries don't have a top up facility, give it a good charge, but if the weather gets colder, be prepared to buy a new one

Kingo :thumbsup: