Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Power

mmarwood8

Hiya guys and girls

was just wanting to know if any one had total lose of power it happens when giving the car some beans. Its as though the throttle is disengaged dipped the clutch foot to the metal no revs at all got stuck at a roundabout till it decided to work again.

Going in to mr t tomorrow to get it checked out

michael

Hiya guys and girls

was just wanting to know if any one had total lose of power it happens when giving the car some beans. Its as though the throttle is disengaged dipped the clutch foot to the metal no revs at all got stuck at a roundabout till it decided to work again.

Going in to mr t tomorrow to get it checked out

michael

never had that - had you maybe overloaded the t/c and vsc? any engine warning lights? dipped the clutch and put your foot to the floor - maybe be a bit more gentle!

I dont know is this same thing but that happened to me,driving down the road,changed gear,went back on the throttle and nothing,foot went to the floor and nothing. Thought what the f**k so pulled over. Popped the bonnet,scratched the head! What it was,where the throttle cable comes from the throttle body in and around to the back of the engine there is a little bracket sticking out that holds the cable in place with two nuts,this is just before the throttle body at the front of the engine. The nuts were loose so figured it must have popped out and back in again,tightened nuts,hasn't happened since. It mite not be the same thing but will take you five secs to see and mite not have to give Mr T any money then.

hiya had my car into toyota under warrenty they were puzzled and wouldnt give me my car back saying it was dangerous.

They phoned me saying it was fixed they changed the air flow meter ebery thing was ok till today nearly didnt make it home no power then some then none for ages then some lol was going down the road like a kangaroo at 5 mile a hour going back into mr t tomorrow.

ill keep ya updated on whats going on

regards michael

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links