Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Clunking

ae102

when i was fitting the front springs one of the anti-roll bar droplinks was seized(passenger side) - i replaced the struts (minus seized droplink) and drove straight forward and back up the lil drive kerb - no noises. fitted replacement droplink today - went to test drive and i got a funny clunking noise from the drivers side. jacked back up and took the wheel of to make sure everything was on and torqued correctly - all ok! it sounds like the roll bar that is clunking but i dont know why! :unsure:

when i was fitting the front springs one of the anti-roll bar droplinks was seized(passenger side) - i replaced the struts (minus seized droplink) and drove straight forward and back up the lil drive kerb - no noises. fitted replacement droplink today - went to test drive and i got a funny clunking noise from the drivers side. jacked back up and took the wheel of to make sure everything was on and torqued correctly - all ok! it sounds like the roll bar that is clunking but i dont know why! :unsure:

hi,check the new droplink with the wheels on the ground and check for play in the droplink ball and sockets.when you jack the car up you won't feel any play as the droplink is fully extended.it will be a tight sqeeze to get under the car and pull down on the droplink without the car jacked up ,see if your local garage would check them for you.sounds like a duff droplink.

hi,check the new droplink with the wheels on the ground and check for play in the droplink ball and sockets.when you jack the car up you won't feel any play as the droplink is fully extended.it will be a tight sqeeze to get under the car and pull down on the droplink without the car jacked up ,see if your local garage would check them for you.sounds like a duff droplink.

i checked the droplink before fitting and was fine - the clunking is coming from the o/s, i replaced the droplink on the n/s. thats what i dont get. will try testing both tomorrow with the wheels on the ground. thanks :thumbsup:

i checked the droplink before fitting and was fine - the clunking is coming from the o/s, i replaced the droplink on the n/s. thats what i dont get. will try testing both tomorrow with the wheels on the ground. thanks :thumbsup:

hi,we had this at work on a fiesta,there was no obvious play but when you drove the cluncking was terrible,changed the droplink and was fine,but there was no play in the ball and sockets.prob disturbed it an now it wants changing.it will be something daft.good luck.

hi,we had this at work on a fiesta,there was no obvious play but when you drove the cluncking was terrible,changed the droplink and was fine,but there was no play in the ball and sockets.prob disturbed it an now it wants changing.it will be something daft.good luck.

got a new one today - presuming it is that. ham fisted is back in when i changed springs - not used to these long droplinks - live and learn. change it in the mornin, lets you know how i get on. :thumbsup:

;) just the droplink - must have knackered it putting shocks back in - car rides nice now :D

;) just the droplink - must have knackered it putting shocks back in - car rides nice now :D

hi,glad your all sorted and happy now,sometimes you disturb something and then it needs changing.thats cars for you.

hi,glad your all sorted and happy now,sometimes you disturb something and then it needs changing.thats cars for you.

:( spoke too soon mate!! sound all afternoon - she wanted me to take her for a spin after work - drove a few miles then the rollbar started clunking again? sounds like its coming from the middle - wondering if the roll bar has come out of one of the bushes. dark know so have to look in the morning

If it didnt knock before you did the springs,then i would be looking to see

if the spring is seated correctly in the top mount,damper rod nut torqued up right etc etc

:( spoke too soon mate!! sound all afternoon - she wanted me to take her for a spin after work - drove a few miles then the rollbar started clunking again? sounds like its coming from the middle - wondering if the roll bar has come out of one of the bushes. dark know so have to look in the morning

what a !Removed!

if the spring is seated correctly in the top mount,damper rod nut torqued up right etc etc

i already checked them when tte anitroll bar was disconnected ( had a seized droplink) and i got the correct torque settings. i think the antiroll bar has moved - get her on a ramp to look tomorrow.

i already checked them when tte anitroll bar was disconnected ( had a seized droplink) and i got the correct torque settings. i think the antiroll bar has moved - get her on a ramp to look tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK,the anti roll bar could of moved sideways in the bushes and be catching another component like the wishbone?i now it can happen on ford's.just another ideato kick round till tomoz.

GOOD LUCK,the anti roll bar could of moved sideways in the bushes and be catching another component like the wishbone?i now it can happen on ford's.just another ideato kick round till tomoz.

i think it has moved - she could feel it near her feet - so its around the bush area or if its not straight the bush and droplink will be having a lil conflict of interest. if its misaligned i might have knackered a new droplink!? i must have drove 30 miles (with stereo off - who's paranoid ) and all was sweet so something has given up!

got her on a ramp this savvy - one of the droplinks wasnt tight enough! cos i had tightened them with the wheels raised - know next time :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links