Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bhp Per Ton And Top Speed Calculator

Dave567

Not sure if anyone has come across this before but thought some people might find it interesting.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

This was the results for CTS ( if cts is 189 bhp at flywheel, thought it might be but not sure)

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 189

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1250 (found on parkers web site)

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 153.63

0 - 60 (Secs) : 7.01

0 - 100 (Secs) : 18.41

60 - 100 (Secs) : 11.40

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.42

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 91.52

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.22

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 93.10

Some members might have some more accurate figures to use.

Dave

Not very accurate though.

Mainly due to the fact it doesnt take engine characteristics and gear ratios into account.

For instance it reckoned my car could hit 60mph in 4.7 seconds... which is about 1.5 secs far too fast! :lol:

Interesting.

This is the very simple rule of thumb I devised for 0-60 Calculations

Based on 1250KG and 189bhp it predicts 7.34 for the T-Sport. And of course petty much the same for Celica 190, but Toyota give them very different figures. I believe people have achieved low 7s in the Rolla though so Toyota's figures (8.4 I believe?) seem very conservative.

What are your car's bhp and weight figures Figits. I'd be interested to see whether the simple model gets closer to the correct answer than the complex one does.

its 225bhp and 1050kg.

I'd have predicted 5.2

Better, but I guess you're saying it's 6.2. Oh well, I was closer than the complex formula, but not close enough.

by the way - the top calc throws out 4.64 seconds to 60 (4wd), verses the manufacturers claim of 6.4s.

and my previous car could do 0-60 in 5 secs - and from that experience i think the 6.4 is a hell of a lot more accurate.

Not sure if anyone has come across this before but thought some people might find it interesting.

This was the results for CTS ( if cts is 189 bhp at flywheel, thought it might be but not sure)

Dave

looked on there before - load of *****e really! doesnt take suspension, tyres, aerodynamics into account. toyotas figures werent to far off - on them turanza's you coudnt get the power down, i found the car a lil bit slow on standard tyres. decent tyres and you will match the celica, thats why the figures are so different.

by the way - the top calc throws out 4.64 seconds to 60 (4wd), verses the manufacturers claim of 6.4s.

and my previous car could do 0-60 in 5 secs - and from that experience i think the 6.4 is a hell of a lot more accurate.

As you say, depends on a lot of other factors.

Also my formula works better at under 200 bhp and I'd imagine theirs does too. As the power increases it gets more difficult to use it all from the off so the results become more difficult to predict.

Dave

looked on there before - load of *****e really! doesnt take suspension, tyres, aerodynamics into account. toyotas figures werent to far off - on them turanza's you coudnt get the power down, i found the car a lil bit slow on standard tyres. decent tyres and you will match the celica, thats why the figures are so different.

That’s not why the figures are so different because tires wouldn’t count for a difference of 1.2 seconds unless they were bald or you had atleast 300lb of torque. Toyota obviously just slammed that figure in there purposely. I’ve seen people say they’ve got low 7’s with no changes to the car what so ever.

Dave

That’s not why the figures are so different because tires wouldn’t count for a difference of 1.2 seconds unless they were bald or you had atleast 300lb of torque. Toyota obviously just slammed that figure in there purposely. I’ve seen people say they’ve got low 7’s with no changes to the car what so ever.

i think you will find the tyres make a massive difference - turanzas have no grip - fact. i can only speak from personnel experience, my car had turanzas on when i bought her.

I didn’t say tires don’t make a difference. The difference between a corolla t-sport and celica t-sport, standard to standard isnt 1.2 seconds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links