Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loss Of Power

mpotter

Has anyone experienced a sudden loss of power when pulling away in second in the 2.0 litre D-4D just after the turbo kicks in. (i.e. It starts pulling away nicely at about 2000rpm but then the power stutters a bit around 2500rpm before coming back again.) :huh:

Garage have checked fuel filers and engine management so far but the problem is too intermittent to diagnose atm.

Although atm I must admit that it’s the least of my worries cos some ***** decided it was a good idea to jump on the roof of my car 4:45AM Sunday morning. I believe they call it “car surfing.” I just don’t understand the mentality of some people! :angry:

Martin

My 2l D-4d Corolla does exaclty the same ..... I think the proplem is due to the engine/turbo being cold as when it has been driven for a bit the problem disappears.

Does yours happen all the time???

My 2l D-4d Corolla does exaclty the same ..... I think the proplem is due to the engine/turbo being cold as when it has been driven for a bit the problem disappears.

Does yours happen all the time???

No, it's an intermittent problem and doesn't do it all the time. It has done it from cold but generally I try and avoid putting my foot down until the car has warmed up. It also happened a lot on a drive down south after over 200miles so I don't think it is related to temperature.

• 2 weeks later...

Proplem seems to have gone away by itself. Lasted for little over 1k miles but it's not happened in over week now (back to a nice smooth drive) so fingers crossed it was just a dodgy batch of fuel!?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Random power

Nope, I was wrong...problem hasn't gone away - Total lack of power till about 2.6k revs yesterday. Checked it's not the mats stopping peddle going to floor. Only did it once though - not done it again since!?

This Random Power thing might be an Engine management / air flow meter fault after all!

Another query

My Girlfriend has told me that the slide lock on the side of driver's door has stopped locking all the doors. I have never used this feature but the garage has told me it has never been able to operate all the locks - Is this the case for the Auris or is she going mad?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links