Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The New Guy

BRIDGES

Hey there everybody :)

Just joined up. Although i have not got a toytota yet i am going to be getting a coroola t-sport in June this year so it aint that far away yet.

Currently own a great french car!!!!!!!!!! A citroen c2 only a 1.1 with about 60bhp i think they have.

So going form a 60bhp car to a 189bhp is going to be nuts but also awsome as i test drove the corolla and wow its awsome :D

So a topic to say hi and hopefully be nice to meet ya all one day as i been reading forums and you do sound a nice but mad bunch of people. Also just wondered if ya could give us some tips to.

Il be buying the car 2nd hand so.......

Is there anything i should look out for on these cars whilst is being 2nd hand, i am buying from a toyota dealer and the car has been approved by them whether that makes a difference or not.

Also i know the engine is a vvtli but are they a turbo???

Many thanks every 1

Firstly welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Is there anything i should look out for on these cars whilst is being 2nd hand, i am buying from a toyota dealer and the car has been approved by them whether that makes a difference or not.

Have a look at the tyres usually a good sign to see if it has been ragged (if it has smoothed off edges) but if tyre has been changed recently then it will not be a good measure :D

Also check for a full Toyota service history.

No I dont think it does have a turbo, I think it is a cam that kicks in at 6200 rpm.

the vvtli engine in the t sport isnt turbo'd but as mentioned does change its timing and lift, though there is a supercharged version with 215bhp, and are some turbo kits available, tho not sure what there like

Hey there everybody :)

Just joined up. Although i have not got a toytota yet i am going to be getting a coroola t-sport in June this year so it aint that far away yet.

Currently own a great french car!!!!!!!!!! A citroen c2 only a 1.1 with about 60bhp i think they have.

So going form a 60bhp car to a 189bhp is going to be nuts but also awsome as i test drove the corolla and wow its awsome :D

So a topic to say hi and hopefully be nice to meet ya all one day as i been reading forums and you do sound a nice but mad bunch of people. Also just wondered if ya could give us some tips to.

Il be buying the car 2nd hand so.......

hope you find the right car - you cant beat lift :D check gearchange, brakes can wear quick, recent clutch upgrade,master cylinder not squeking and steady idle. recommend getting from dealer - more comeback and you have 7 days approval so if you find any faults or the brakes are worn you have good leverage power, they will put right or you return car. i would recommend loooking at many as possible and test driving them all - its easy to get excited when buying a t sport. you should post on t sport forum next time

Many thanks every 1

Service history,clutch and the brakes. Service history cause they can get a hard time but stand some chance if its had its oil changes,clutch cause they've been known not to last that long(look at ae102's posts,think he said he's had 3,unless I'm confusing him with someone else) and the brakes can make a high pitched noise at low speed which is annoying,this i while your not pressing them. Listen for a noise when you lift off the throttle while driving,lots of people have that noise and they say its nothing to worry about but could use it to get money off the car if its there! Have a look at the corolla t sport forum on this website,loads of info there,plenty in there be happy to help you also.

!Removed! luck

Service history,clutch and the brakes. Service history cause they can get a hard time but stand some chance if its had its oil changes,clutch cause they've been known not to last that long(look at ae102's posts,think he said he's had 3,unless I'm confusing him with someone else) and the brakes can make a high pitched noise at low speed which is annoying,this i while your not pressing them. Listen for a noise when you lift off the throttle while driving,lots of people have that noise and they say its nothing to worry about but could use it to get money off the car if its there! Have a look at the corolla t sport forum on this website,loads of info there,plenty in there be happy to help you also.

Gook luck

ye thats me with the clutches - got to get your money out of warranty! wouldnt mind dont rag me car - lot of respect for me t sport. hogie's righr about calipers - sliders need regular tlc. if the corolla you look at has the latest clutch you should have no probs. if you hear the noise hogie is on about on overrun that is the original clutch - dont be put off, just get them to change it. a lil tip i wish i was aware off - apart from the brakes indicating what sort of life it has ha (look at the service reciept for disc changes - less than 20k its had a hard life) check the mpg reading on the sat/navi button, less than 30 it is driven hard - below 28 it is driven really hard. how much you spending (if thats not too nosey)?

cool cool cheers guys a lot to look for. Well hopefully i can have about £4000 for my c2 so really anything under 9k but hopefully if i see a car i may be abble to get some notes off it bit of haggling dont hurt any1 does it!!

But il deffo be buying from a toyota dealer as they are approved and come with 6months warranty on them to so if anything goes wrong or anything pops up i can take it back.

But the only toyota garage by me has the old shape corolla wich i aint to keen on, like the more aggresive looking 1 same shape as the compressor :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links