Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Livesound

CarinaII

Hi, i thought i'd post herre because more people wil read it.

This is a 2 part question.

1) How do you remove the standard head unit from a 1990 toyota carina II? do i need to remove the whole facia panel to gain access, or is there another way? I need to know how to remove the facia panel anyway for future reference, so informtaion on this would be gratefuly recieved.

2) i am after a very specific head unit. A good friend on mine had one, its a genuine toyota unit, it was fitted to his 1993 Carina GTi as an option i thing (its now in his KM1 MR2 supercharger import). Its a double din but they look seperate (if you know what i mean) the top layer looks like the standard RDS radio/cassete (with logic control deck written on the tape flap) the bottm layer operates the CD changer, skip disk/track and has its own little display etc. Also i am after the CD changer and cable to go with it, so i have the whole set up.

Can anybody shed any light on this? I have a month without work/uni at christmas, so this would be an ideal time to make haste.

Thanks in advance

well, if anybody cares, i've worked out how to get the centre stack off. There are 6 screws, 2 in the astray bit and 2 aboive the heater controlls, and 1 clip.

I found a double din cassete/CD on eBay but the auctio nwas ended early :(

nevermind.