Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt

JNR

hi all i own a carina e gt with the same engine as celicas so thought i would post my question here my cambelt broke and was wondering is the 3sge engine a non intereference engine meaning if my belt snapped it will not effect my engine and i will only need the belt done the AA bloke who came out said to me all my internals will be busted i asked him several times are you sure because i was sure i read on the toyota carina owners site that it would not damage my engine

cheers all any help would be appriecated also is it possible to do the job myself

;)

hi all i own a carina e gt with the same engine as celicas so thought i would post my question here my cambelt broke and was wondering is the 3sge engine a non intereference engine meaning if my belt snapped it will not effect my engine and i will only need the belt done the AA bloke who came out said to me all my internals will be busted i asked him several times are you sure because i was sure i read on the toyota carina owners site that it would not damage my engine

cheers all any help would be appriecated also is it possible to do the job myself

;)

3SGE is non interference

;)

3SGE is non interference

does that apply to the 7AFE?

Wouldn't know about the 7afe to be honest, I know that if the belt snaps on the lower power 2.0 found in the Gen6 you are more than likely looking at bent valves etc.

thanks for yourreplys lads ok one more question if anyone can help ive got most bits of camshaft manifold altenator etc im ive only to remove one bolt and thats the crankshaft bolt how do i remove it without the crankshaft moving its on there pretty tight heres a picture of it crankshaft.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

managed to fit this 2 weeks ago in the pouring freezing rain hehe thx for your replys lads :D its running better than ever now