Do Not Sell My Personal Information

London Help

Pompey Gaz

Am staying in Ealing Monday through to friday while working in Earl's court.

Will it be best to get the tube or car? and if its car will i have to pay congestion charges?

Stick with public transport.... its not that expensive and you don't have to search for a parking space :)

i been told i need a travel card for zones 2 and 4 :\

this sounds disasterous to me lol the tube drops me off near work from near the hotel by the looks of it

I usually get zone 1-3

yes it does involve a bit of walking

breathe in the London air, its good for you

Nadim that doesn't hep me really lol, where do i get this tavel card from?

You purchase said travel card from tube stations...either from the machines or the manned ticket booths....

If your there all week it may work out cheaper buying a weekly ticket....

Enjoy the overcrowded and dusty, noisy London transport system..... :) :) :) :)

I didnt know about the phone restriction, I always use the phone

lol thats what am after Chatman :)

Its £20.20 for unlimited travel on the bus and zones 2 and 4 on the tube which is what i want. I hear you can use your phones down there now, is that true?

http://www.bostonmanor.com/ thats the hotel we're at lol

OOOOH Nice looking Hotel :beer: :beer:

Used to work at Hanger Lane and go to a few pubs in Ealing....Hmmmm nice!!!

You cant use your phone on the underground as it will not get a signal..May get one in the station above ground but once your going down down under ground the signal goes. I can only get some signals at some stations and on the tubes, like between Barbican and Farringdon as this line travels above ground almost....

....Enjoy yourself in our lovely Capital City...even though your only seeing the Earls Court part....

just make sure you dont watch the film called Creep before you go on the underground

Seen it Nadim!

Lol dropped a brand new roll of shrink wrap on my toe last night and think its broken! lol was working in the freezer and it was -30º and my jacket was freezing on the outside

200801200409_149.jpg

Lol dropped a brand new roll of shrink wrap on my toe last night and think its broken!

Don't worry about it Gaz, Shrink wrap rolls are very durable. If it is broken somehow just get another roll out ! :rolleyes:

Lol dropped a brand new roll of shrink wrap on my toe last night and think its broken!

Don't worry about it Gaz, Shrink wrap rolls are very durable. If it is broken somehow just get another roll out ! :rolleyes:

I can't believe I laughed out loud at that! :rolleyes: I will never learn :( ;)

lol @ boro so sympathetic

i love london tho, would move back there if i earnt enuf

fantastic irish pub just outside kings cross!! have to go everytime i go there lol

Seems like a nice place London, only been twice & they were both just to watch Everton games but the 1st time we went down early to have a mooch around. Went on the tube for a while & witnessed it at rush hour which was an experience. How expensive is Harrods? I didn't take my card & had less than £100 cash on me & was having a look with my mate & everything was a fortune, even something like a necklace made out of leather costs an absolute bomb. It was weird being offered champagne too, I nearly accepted but then realised how bad I'd feel walking around drinking their champagne without there being any chance of me actually buying anything so I turned it down

I hate London. Can't stand the place !

You clearly don't really know it then :huh:

I've visited there, lived there and worked there. Not overly impressed !

I'm sure there are nice parts and positives that I haven't seen, but in general it's just not my kind of place - there are numerous places ahead of it in the list of places I'd like to go.

I've visited there, lived there and worked there. Not overly impressed !

I'm sure there are nice parts and positives that I haven't seen, but in general it's just not my kind of place - there are numerous places ahead of it in the list of places I'd like to go.

Yeah, not a patch on Boro, eh? ;)

There are plenty of people who don't like the Boro, but not me. I like it here and it has everything I could want at this point in my life.

Plus it's only 10 minutes to the coast, 10 minutes to a National Park, and surrounded by Golf courses.

Here Here! as above...except for the Golf courses, hehe.

I come from London, I like the hustle and bustle but as for living there full time forget it.

Give me a place near the ocean and on the doorstep of the Moors, you will have one happy, content bunny!

I survived lol met some friends for a drink one evening, why don't they serve stella in Earls court? London aint bad but when you work 12 hour shifts you never really see anyone/thing lol

I'm confused by the oyster card

lol i got it explained to me but it still confuses me, how come i get free bus travel and like can only go to zones 2 and 4? how does it know where it is?