Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Out There Had This Problem

cathycamry

rather than post question on every toyota make and model ill ask question once here. has anyone with a toyota camry or avensis in around 03 or 04 had head gasket go only to b told the head bolts were loose and either had to replace engine or re bore the block.my mechanic says threads are not deep enough and thats why it lifted it never overheated if anyone else has had anything like this please let me know toyota say its not a manufacturing problem ,i wonder

• 2 weeks later...
rather than post question on every toyota make and model ill ask question once here. has anyone with a toyota camry or avensis in around 03 or 04 had head gasket go only to b told the head bolts were loose and either had to replace engine or re bore the block.my mechanic says threads are not deep enough and thats why it lifted it never overheated if anyone else has had anything like this please let me know toyota say its not a manufacturing problem ,i wonder

what exactly sounds like rubbish !

So you think Toyota dont make their engines with the correct bores for their head bolts?

THAT is a load of rubbish.

Im sorry but if Toyota built their Avensis engines wrong then they would all have the same problem. I dont believe your mechanic personally

And please DONT SEND ME PM's

This is a public forum and i expressed an opinion.

Personally i couldnt give a toss about your engine but i posted up my opinion that i think your mechanic is talking crap as nobody else posted a reply.

well now mr leeky theres been 3 othercases of head bolts lifting in dublin alone on 03 camrys also aproblem with the block cracking on a number of cars .we had an engineers report sent 2 toyota ireland with our specific problem looks like were been compensated so i dont think my mechanic is so rubbish do u.and sorry 4 sending u p message if id known it would b so upsetting 4 you i would nt have bothered oh and by the way thanks so much 4 the one and only post :drool:

So a stange small problem limited only to ireland then. Perhaps its you guys trying to run your cars on guinness instead of petrol that breaks the engines :lol: ;)

I dont care if people send me weird messages, even the messages from crazy people.

No problem, i wont post up a reply to any future topics of yours ;)

:rolleyes: whatever,but ill give u some advice dont buy a damaged car even if its a bargain there never the same again after been repaired. dont worry i forgive u for the smart remarks about been irish and running my car on guinness.

:rolleyes: whatever,but ill give u some advice dont buy a damaged car even if its a bargain there never the same again after been repaired. dont worry i forgive u for the smart remarks about been irish and running my car on guinness.

Leeky doesnt need to buy a damaged car

His 85 Supra is about to rust to bits anyway :lol:

His 85 Supra is about to rust to bits anyway :lol:

No rust on my car.....its too quick for the salt to catch up with it :lol: ;)

Never heard of that head bolt issue, and believe me, I think I have heard them all

Kingo :thumbsup:

Never heard of that head bolt issue, and believe me, I think I have heard them all

Kingo :thumbsup:

well lets hope u never do hear of it.its pain in the ***** and exspensive and nobody wants to know.thanks for bothering to post .now mr leeky i got another post ha ha. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links