Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Double Din Facia Kit

neilvr

*Modified my last post*

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed_Chaser

• drobotic

• derwill

• Gareth Winn

Didn't find anything for Auris on that page. There is no Auris in the search and selecting "facia kits" or "double-din fitting kits" doesn't give any result.

What is the missing part of the other facias, which is only in Connect2 and Celsus -facias? I have some interest towards the other facia, will PM you about that!

By the way; Which player are you installing?

Celsus do not have it listed yet but if you contact them they will get it to you next day if you are in the UK. There is a difference between the original Kenwood facia and the after market ones. They aftermarket ones will fit double din exactly. The Kenwood original facia apparently does not and you will need a bezel from toyota to correct the fitment. The toyota part number for that is 55405-02130

Derwill, if you still get that 2nd one in i'd be happy to buy it off you?

That is if the local dealers cant get one for me :)

Does anyone know what the colour code is for the Auris centre console. I am referring to the colour of the centre bit where the radio is and the colour of the radio housing. It is a gray colour and I am getting a new facia for a new stereo that apparently comes in black. I would like to have it sprayed to match the radio colour.

Does anyone know what the colour code is for the Auris centre console. I am referring to the colour of the centre bit where the radio is and the colour of the radio housing. It is a gray colour and I am getting a new facia for a new stereo that apparently comes in black. I would like to have it sprayed to match the radio colour.

You should go to some professional who is doing those painting things and ask him. He will get you exactly the same colour as one in the universal console because they all have that code. I don't suggest you to paint it yourself, if you want 100% match. :yes:

Regards!

Hello!

I was looking on the internet for the DNX-5220 and found something which made me a bit concerned.

There is a "Source Select" -screen, where you can choose whether you use Ipod, USB etc.

Like this and this.

But if I have connected my iPod with KCAiP300V (makes it possible to see the videos from your Ipod on the screen) which is shown here, how can I connect an USB stick to an USB port? Because KCAiP300V has 3 plugs and one of them is USB.

Even if I won't have that iPod plug which takes the USB port, the USB port is in the back side of the palyer. Is there some cables which can be connected to the USB port so the using of the port is possible from the front?

And one more thing! How does the updating work on that device, do I have to burn the maps on the CD and then run it in the player?

Thanks!

Hello!

I was looking on the internet for the DNX-5220 and found something which made me a bit concerned.

There is a "Source Select" -screen, where you can choose whether you use Ipod, USB etc.

Like this and this.

But if I have connected my iPod with KCAiP300V (makes it possible to see the videos from your Ipod on the screen) which is shown here, how can I connect an USB stick to an USB port? Because KCAiP300V has 3 plugs and one of them is USB.

Even if I won't have that iPod plug which takes the USB port, the USB port is in the back side of the palyer. Is there some cables which can be connected to the USB port so the using of the port is possible from the front?

And one more thing! How does the updating work on that device, do I have to burn the maps on the CD and then run it in the player?

Thanks!

My parts finally arrived today. The facia is black and I think I will leave it that way as it will be so much hassle to get it sprayed in the gray colour. I have booked my installation for tomorrow, so I will hopefully have my fully working system by this time then. I will post some pictures when it's done.

Hello!

Like this and this.

Thanks!

Can the DNX-5220 offer the control through the driver wheel buttons - like controlling Ipod songs and folders ?

When connecting the Ipod - can you see THE TEXT belongs to songs/folders/Singers/ and so ?

Hello!

Like this and this.

Thanks!

Can the DNX-5220 offer the control through the driver wheel buttons - like controlling Ipod songs and folders ?

When connecting the Ipod - can you see THE TEXT belongs to songs/folders/Singers/ and so ?

Yes, it is possible to control iPod with wheel buttons, you'll just need the adapter for it. Model: CAW-TY1290

Here is the photo where you can see what is shown on the display when you're listening to your iPod's tracks. You can see the title, artist and the song + album art (CD covers)

Regards!

Hello!

Like this and this.

Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to control iPod with wheel buttons, you'll just need the adapter for it. Model: CAW-TY1290

Here is the photo where you can see what is shown on the display when you're listening to your iPod's tracks. You can see the title, artist and the song + album art (CD covers)

Regards!

Sorry' if you will check the list

"Before purchase please consult with your Kenwood dealer to ensure compatibility with your vehicle."

u will not find AURIS in it

Toyota

Model From To Adaptor Additional

Lead

Avensis 2003 ----> CAW-TY1290 N/A

Corolla Verso

2003 ----> CAW-TY1290 N/A

Previa 2003 ----> CAW-TY1290 N/A

RAV 4 2003 ----> CAW-TY1290 N/A

Hello guys,

First of all I will discover you that I'm working in Kenwood Croatia, so I will answer Your questions :)

Regarding color of the facia for you derwill give your facia to a professional car painter because he supposed have a color code, or he will scan the color and make exactly the same as original, no doubt about that .

Regarding Kenwood DNX-5220 when You connect iPod adapter to HU your USB is now in use and you dont have addition USB, so you will must connect and disconnect iPod adapter to use USB!!

Also regarding Source Selector there is two option for selecting. First is like shortcut with three sources, this sources you can change in setup , and second source selector is if you want to see every source option to select which unit offers you.

Regarding Map, unit has pre-installed Garmin City navigator 2008 map so in next few years you will not need any updates. Also unit have 1,5 Gb free memory and mini-iso on the back and you can add additional map for your country based on Garmin software in order to use.

If someone need instruction how to add the startup screen I will post the instruction manual and ready made startup screen jpg which I use.

For additional question please be free to ask regarding Kenwood unit.

Steering wheel buttons is full functional like in the OEM unit but with use of CAW-TY1290 adapter.

Regards,042.gif

Hello guys,

First of all I will discover you that I'm working in Kenwood Croatia, so I will answer Your questions :)

Regarding color of the facia for you derwill give your facia to a professional car painter because he supposed have a color code, or he will scan the color and make exactly the same as original, no doubt about that .

Regarding Kenwood DNX-5220 when You connect iPod adapter to HU your USB is now in use and you dont have addition USB, so you will must connect and disconnect iPod adapter to use USB!!

Also regarding Source Selector there is two option for selecting. First is like shortcut with three sources, this sources you can change in setup , and second source selector is if you want to see every source option to select which unit offers you.

Regarding Map, unit has pre-installed Garmin City navigator 2008 map so in next few years you will not need any updates. Also unit have 1,5 Gb free memory and mini-iso on the back and you can add additional map for your country based on Garmin software in order to use.

If someone need instruction how to add the startup screen I will post the instruction manual and ready made startup screen jpg which I use.

For additional question please be free to ask regarding Kenwood unit.

Steering wheel buttons is full functional like in the OEM unit but with use of CAW-TY1290 adapter.

Regards,042.gif

Hi,

Thanks for this. I always wondered how you got all this sussed so quickly! You are a Kenwood man. Anyway, how do I upload POIs and the start up image? Does the 5220 have a sd card slot? I am having mine installed tomorrow. Also can you please post the manual. Thanks

Now when we know that you're working at Kenwood you must give all Toyota Owners Club -members big discount on the Kenwood products we want lol :D

POIs came to my mind also, and how is it possible to use that mini-iso if it's in the back? What is it anyway :eek:

Yes, startup screen uploading instructions, startup screen and users manual would be very nice. Please post them!

Regards!

Hi,

Procedure:

1. Connect USB that contains your customized startup screen ( for my test, I use a background with 640 x 480 pixels)

2. enter setup mode by:

- holding both SRC+EJECT and while holding it press the RESET button

- wait for the screen that displays:

- Kenwood Image

- OEM image

3. Select OEM Image

4. Select the file that you wanted to be the start-up screen, hit ENTER

5. You will be back to the screen described in (2)

6. Turn OFF unit by holding SRC

7. Turn ON unit by pressing SRC

The unit should start up with your customized startup screen.

toyotalogo640x480vt7.jpg

Just use right click " save image as " and save it on your USB stick and have it ready for tomorrow.

Regards, 042.gif

Thanks mate, but how about the POIs, same thing, USB?

Damn... It will be hard to change the startup screen, because

of the port which is only at the back :crybaby:

Now when we know that you're working at Kenwood you must give all Toyota Owners Club -members big discount on the Kenwood products we want lol :D

POIs came to my mind also, and how is it possible to use that mini-iso if it's in the back? What is it anyway :eek:

Yes, startup screen uploading instructions, startup screen and users manual would be very nice. Please post them!

Regards!

No problem about that, in Croatia tax is 22% so Tax Free is not small on the price of the unit and discount on regular price can be 5 % :thumbsup:

DNX -5220 in Croatia cost with tax. 8.979,00 kn ( 1247 euro ) , without tax. 7.359,00 KN ( 1022 euro ).

DNX-5220 has not have SD card slot so the best way to add additional map is to add thru the USB-mini ( sorry I write it wrong first time ) , and also use for service.

27329.jpg

Installation Manual

Instruction Manual

It's all USA but Europe model dosn't have Satelite radio option.

Regards, 042.gif

Regarding POIs, realy I don't know because I don't test it, sorry...

Navigation Manual

It's USA but You will found your answers :thumbsup:

Regarding USB No You won't, USB cable is fitted to the unit and it's long about 1 meter

Additional second Mini USB is directly on the back and it's have nothing with USB which is for connecting USB Stick or iPod .

Regards, 042.gif

Many thanks drobotic, again :yahoo:

There is cable and the slot where

you can put also the cable! Now I

get it!! :rolleyes:

Regarding POIs, realy I don't know because I don't test it, sorry...

Navigation Manual

It's USA but You will found your answers :thumbsup:

Regarding USB No You won't, USB cable is fitted to the unit and it's long about 1 meter

Additional second Mini USB is directly on the back and it's have nothing with USB which is for connecting USB Stick or iPod .

Regards, 042.gif

Hi,

If you look at the navigation manual, it shows you how to install POIs. It is done via cd or dvd. I am getting mine prepared now.

Cheers

Derwill is getting prepared for tomorrow!

Must be excited ;) Try to still get some

sleep okay, so you'll have energy to

test-drive :D

Hello,

as I promise here is the instruction pdf how to add startup screen.

Instruction.pdf

Regards,

Hi All,

An update. I have had the unit installed and I must say it is fantastic. It does everything it says on the box and is very user friendly. Initially I found it a bit overwhelming as the menu system is quite extensive and you really will need a few days with it to fully get used to all the settings and functionality.

Drobotic, I am having issues with the POIs. I have installed the speed camera POIs and as I approach a camera it flashes red at the top and sounds an alarm. Is there anyway of adjusting the time or distance to the camera before the alarm sounds? Is there anyway of reducing the amount of bongs you get when approaching the camera? It is driving me insane with the number of sound notifications I am getting. One or two will be enough and I would like to be able to only be notified when I am maybe 300 yards away from the POI.

Also, the unit seems to want to notify me of any turns up ahead when I am not routing. So for example if I am driving from A to B but have not entered a route I expect the navigation unit to remain silent but only warn me of cameras. What it does instead is to give me a sound and visual alert of all turns off the main route I am travelling on. I really don't see the point of this and is is really irritating.

These are the only things I find annoying about the DNX 5220BT. It could be ME not having set something correctly. Any help will be appreciated.

post-53832-1210949987_thumb.jpg

Hello!

Anybody knows why do i get a "permission denied" message when i'm trying to view attached images on this forum?

Ops! After this message i can view!!! Yahooo!!!

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:.

Hello,

derwill, now you finally get it but I can't be blind and say this is correct mounting.

Why is Your unit so out?

It can be fitted nicely , but you will must spend one more hour to center the unit.

dsc00411ay6.th.jpg

Tomorrow I will make some slideshow how to have a clean install like mine.

Regarding POIs, really I don't use it because we in Croatia don't have speed cameras etc.

Did You maybe thinking about adding rear camera?

With this unit it's nice to have a rear camera!!

It will be a next addon :D

Regards, 042.gif

I was thinking to buy DVB-T also, so I can watch TV when waiting for someone...

Donät need a parking camera, have parking detectors on the back...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links