Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecu Corolla G6r 1998

josema0

Hi i had a problem my father which lives in another country (Peru) has a G6R and it had some problems so he took it to toyota and they tell him that the ECU needs to be replaced. So i was researching in the Internet about the codes or which part to buy, in toyota they give us this codes:

I know that there are two generations of this engine and also that 2dn generation has a American Model and European model, so we are trying to find an ECU european model.

Code of ECU 89661-1A780

Chasis AE111L-AGFNKW-3066509

Motor 4AN472455

Serial JE152AEB103066509

First i want to know where can i find one of this and second how do i know that is the correct one that will fit my car. I Just dont trust Toyota employees, at least not in Peru. Beacuse we bought the car but they never told us about the ECU problem and they knew it.

Best Regards

Jose Y.

normally on toyta ECUs the sticker on the out side will denote the variant of engine and whether or not it is manual transmission or automatic. i'd guess that your looking for one with a sticker that says: 4A-F M/T (or) 4A-FE M/T. also just a point of note, if your desperate you can use the 7A-FE ecu on this particular engine. hope this is helpful

normally on toyta ECUs the sticker on the out side will denote the variant of engine and whether or not it is manual transmission or automatic. i'd guess that your looking for one with a sticker that says: 4A-F M/T (or) 4A-FE M/T. also just a point of note, if your desperate you can use the 7A-FE ecu on this particular engine. hope this is helpful

Thank you. One more thing is what about the type of market, beacuse i know that 4AFE are in American/Candian and European/Japanese markets. And the power of the engne is diferent in each domestic market. I read that . in the chasis:

Chasis AE111L-AGFNKW-3066509

AE111 is type of chasis

L means left hand steering wheel

A Means Toyota Corolla

G Means 3 Door

F means 6 gear

N Dont remember

K Dont remember

W European Market

But this nomenclature is not in the ECU, and also ehat would happen if someone sell me one but its not for a 1998 car, is there any problem with the year of the car.

So i know now that i have to look for a 4AFE M/T, Thanks for everything

Regards

Jose

I have one question again. I found a ECU part number 89661-1A780 for a corolla 1989 4AFE, and i need an ECU with the same code but my car is from 1998, i want to know if there is any problem using the old ECU into my car. Today i called a wholesaler in the USA and asked him this, and he told me that as long as the part number matches, there is no problem because the software is the same, But if you check and engine from a 1989 and compare to a 1998, they are too diferent, so if someone knows about this please reply

Regards

Jose

the difference you've noticed in the power figures between 89-99 is from changes in the intake manifold, head design and exhaust manifold. the ECUs are the same i believe :)

the difference you've noticed in the power figures between 89-99 is from changes in the intake manifold, head design and exhaust manifold. the ECUs are the same i believe :)

Hi i have one more question. Can i put a 4AGE ECU into a 4AFE engine, i found the 89661-1A360 but dont know if this works.

Also can i just but an Apexi Computer and use it instead of the other one???

Thanks

with regards to the 4A-GE ecu, there is a chap in SA that has used a black top (20v latest spec) 4A-GE ecu, but only this one will work as the others are AFM, the Black top 20v is MAP and all 4A-FE engines are MAP.

i wouldn't have thought you could use the Apexi instead, unless it states that it is a 'Stand Alone' ECU normally they are just piggy back ones and need the factory unit aswell

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

As you are discussing ECU... I have a big problem as trying to cut and program a key for my car. I have been advised to send the engine ECU by post to a locksmith who would be able to do the job for me. Has anyone done this before? Is it risky to do it for someone like me, not very advanced in mechanic?

Many thanks

You would be a lot safer taking it to your Toyota Dealer, as then you can have it done there and then not wait a week.. try not to send your main parts away to anywhere you do not know!

it will cost about £40 an hour for them just to program a new Key. The batteries in my keyfob died in my main set of keys and I was quoted £40 an hour but won't pay that atm, and now my spare is slowing down and becomming less responsive unless I hold the key against my head :)