Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limiter?

RICHP

Hi, i know i will get grief from this as alot of people do not believe you need to take the speed limiter off but i have uk dials in my car and the only delimiters i can find convert from kph to mph too and i dont want that.

does anyone know how i can remove it without converting the speedo?

thanks

Its a safe question to ask as a lot of GT4 owners like trackdays and this can inhibit their fun.

Cant answer your question sadly but there are a few people who can who will be along shortly.

Hi, i know i will get grief from this as alot of people do not believe you need to take the speed limiter off but i have uk dials in my car and the only delimiters i can find convert from kph to mph too and i dont want that.

does anyone know how i can remove it without converting the speedo?

thanks

r u sure its in mph? is it an import? its unusual for a uk car to b limited.

when u get a jap import the speedo is in kph and the converter to mhp takes this speed limiter off! there are usually the same thing ie coverter/de limiter

only thing i can thing of is that sum1 has just stuck mhp clocks on ur motor instead of gettin the converter. therefore the speed is probably being read all wrong!

Hi, yeah its an import and looks like they have put mph dial in. anyway round this or do i need dials and a delimiter??

Hi, yeah its an import and looks like they have put mph dial in. anyway round this or do i need dials and a delimiter??

do u think the reading it right? ie do u think u are doing 60 when it says 60? get a mate to drive beside u and check. my guess is that to put it through the mot sum has just stuck mph dials on as a quick fix. i wud say the kph 1s are below it maybe and then it wud just b a case of taken of the mhp 1s and buyin a converter of e bay for 25 quid.

i cant see how it is still limited if it is converted to mph. im not aware of anyway of doing this as i said before once the converter is installed it takes the limiter away.

does the top speed read 180?

only way round it i can think of is to get the jap dials that read 180 as the top and get a converter. but if u going down that route then i wud go for after market dials! they look the dogs! seen a few on the gt4 owners club, maybe sum 1 over ther could help point u in the right direction as to where u can get them.

No, stop at 140 i think. there is only one set of figures i.e. jus mph, never checked to see if its right... cat be too wrong as would have a lot of speeding fines by now. lol. how much should i pay for dials and converter??

No, stop at 140 i think. there is only one set of figures i.e. jus mph, never checked to see if its right... cat be too wrong as would have a lot of speeding fines by now. lol. how much should i pay for dials and converter??

140 are uk dials i think. mine reads 180 and its a jap import. the converter is 25 quid i think. just 4 wires in the back of the clock. not sure about dials. check eBay for a gt four being broke. im not sure how u wud restrict ur car and read mph at the same time.

sorry not much help to u! have u checked the back of the clocks to see if there is a converter installed?

My converter also delimited my import.. So id say get yourself a two in one job and ditch the dial covers thats been installed. :)

Hope this helps..

Oh should say that i got it from eBay for 35 quid i fink..

Eurobob

Hi, checked my clocked last night after work and they go up to 180mph so surely they are Jap clocks

yeah its a ST205. they wouldnt have put a converter on that doens't delimit would they? is there such a thing??

Hi, checked my clocked last night after work and they go up to 180mph so surely they are Jap clocks

yeah its a ST205. they wouldnt have put a converter on that doens't delimit would they? is there such a thing??

yea mine are jap clocks and they go to 180 and only had 1 set of numbers on them ie not kph and mph. i always thought that if it was converted then if wud have been de restricted. buy a repalcement converter of eBay. they do both. gud luck

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible that there is a mechanical convertor for the speedo?? like on the box or back of speedo or are they not mechanically driven? i cant see any signs of one on it already?? i got one off eBay but that will convert it back to kph wont it??

this has got me really confused.... any one got any ideas??

it's only the electrical signal that powers the clocks i'm affraid, have you checked down at the ECU to see if someone tapped into the signal there?

it's only the electrical signal that powers the clocks i'm affraid, have you checked down at the ECU to see if someone tapped into the signal there?

no. where is it? drivers kickpanel?

Yeah,there is such a thing.. my mate bought one... and was gutted to find out after it were fitted...

Yeah,there is such a thing.. my mate bought one... and was gutted to find out after it were fitted...

found it hidden behind metal bits behind speedo... proper out of sight but they managed to butchered a orange wire that goes to the connector so i cant reconnect that when i put my nu one in. any on knows what it does??? its on the big plug in the center of speedo?

• 3 weeks later...

The UK dials have 180mph and 280ish km/h. Jap one just have 180km/h.

The delimiter is not strictly a delimiter, it is a simple set of resistors or similar that slows the speedo by the correct amount so that 180km/h now equals 180mph. As a result, the limiter also moves to 180mph so technically it is still limited but no longer by electronic wizardary.

Not entirely sure what is going on with your car but it sounds as though you are getting there! Good luck and enjoy! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links