Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Information Sought On Buying A New Auris

ADRIVER

Friends, I need your help!

I am in the process of buying a new corolla for my daughter. She want's a hatchback and the salesman told her that the 'New Auris' is the corolla hatchback under the name 'Auris'. Is this true? Second question, what faults (if any) does the Auris have or is there anything else should we look out for or be aware of? Its the 1.4 Luna that she is interested in. The reason I am asking here is because salesmen will only tell you what they want you to hear.

Thanks in advance.

Friends, I need your help!

I am in the process of buying a new corolla for my daughter. She want's a hatchback and the salesman told her that the 'New Auris' is the corolla hatchback under the name 'Auris'. Is this true? Second question, what faults (if any) does the Auris have or is there anything else should we look out for or be aware of? Its the 1.4 Luna that she is interested in. The reason I am asking here is because salesmen will only tell you what they want you to hear.

Thanks in advance.

That is true, it is the current Corolla renamed as Auris. Designed in Europe (France) and assembled in Turkey (3 door) and UK (5 door) with Japan engineering and parts.

I have the 1.4 D4D. Here in Portugal we have Auris (Base), Luna and Sol equipement levels. I got the Sol.

From what I know, there are no major issues with the car except some batches that have issues with the rear brakes (they are effective but squeal and need a fix). Other than that people usually complain about the quality of some plastics but I don't think there are any major issues with this model.

You should check if that Luna version has electronic stability+traction control (ESP, or as Toyota brands it, VSC). If not, consider adding it as extra. It's probably a worthy investment in safety from the statistics and videos I've seen.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links