Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Am F***ed

91CelicaGTI

In my opinion we are all adults...

Are we? Are these adults the same prats who drive 6inches off my bumper just because I don't want to speed (and break the law)?
Don't try to shift the responsibility - take your own decisions!

I'm happy to take responsibility for my decisions. Unfortunately there are too many adults out there who should know better, but can't be trusted to make the right decision. As an example see the comment above.

We all know what's right and wrong, it's just that some people out there choose to ignore that.

I am afraid that your answer doesn't convince me. Each person is respnsible for his own life. If people are a***holes on the road (or in any other antisocial behaviour) they should be dealt with. Being repressive globally is not a solution to the problem.

That is the end of my input on this particular portion of this thread.

Anyhow, that point aside, what about pubs clearly labelling how many units a each diffrent brew contains? At least that way we would be able to make an informed decision about whether we want to stay within the law.

As to the labelling question, I am all in favour of giving people all the information that they need to make informed decisions.

Yannick

Reference the ABS, Why did you release the brakes when the ABS kicked in? You have to keep your foot on the brake pedal as it pulsates to stop. Taking you’re your foot off the brakes effectively means.......... No Brakes!

Okay.

No need for that.

Read the post, the car skidded on the ICE, i.e. ABS didnt kick in.

In this case, you are always advised to 'pump' the brakes. I'd advise you read peoples posts before passing comments like you did.

Also, the accident was due to the ice, although it is possible the alcohol may of played a part in his reaction time.

He admitted doing wrong, he did not excuse himself, why should we give him a hard time?

The police and/or courts will treat him as they see fit, we are not in a postition to 'judge'.

This is a friendly forum, if you want to vent your frustration, go elsewhere.

It’s a free forum, this is my opinion, and if you don’t agree then that is your choice.

If 91CelicaGTI didn’t want comments like this then basically he shouldn’t wash his dirty laundry in public.

The facts are he was over the drink drive limit. Full Stop.

Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 or 1000, he was over the limit.

Obviously the millions of pounds spent on Government campaigns year in and year out about not drinking and driving haven’t sunk in to some people.

I feel 91CelicaGTI is looking for a little sympathy? Having had to deal first hand with the devastation of loosing someone through drink driving I say again...

Shame on you...

I'm just glad I'm not too keen on beer and getting drunk (I don't like feeling rough in the morning), these days I usually drink lime and soda. Mainly cos I prefer the taste of soft drinks, but also because I like to drive home sober (and it's cheaper :) )

the-voice-of-reason I understand what your saying, and yes it is a free forum.

I am sorry for your loss, but please go back and read the rest of this thread, Colin admits to drinking and driving, he is not looking for symathaphy for that, he, like a lot of people, are confused by the laws, and this goverment has managed to confuse people to the limit.

I myself chose not to drink and drive, as do others, but havent we all gone above the speed limit, at least occasionally? You cannot honestly say you have never done 71mph on the motorway, and yet this is illegal too.

Terms and Conditions? So you think that was a personal attack and you finding it offensive? Your very mistaken Fidgits. I suggest you re-read my post as well!

I’m sure you would even more offended if somebody you knew or related to was killed by a drink driver. I have read the thread and understand it fully, maybe I interpreted it differently than you as sometimes you have to be outside looking in, and by your comments it seems you know this person so maybe your opinion will be different to someone who is impartial.

What confusion? It’s simple if your going behind the wheel, stay off the alcohol, it’s not rocket science.

Don't be mad.You are alive and you are not in jail for KILLING someone Pay all the FINES and stop crying :crybaby: LOL I've been in the same boat :!Removed!:

Don__t_cry

Reference the ABS, Why did you release the brakes when the ABS kicked in? You have to keep your foot on the brake pedal as it pulsates to stop. Taking you’re your foot off the brakes effectively means.......... No Brakes!

Okay.

No need for that.

Read the post, the car skidded on the ICE, i.e. ABS didnt kick in.

In this case, you are always advised to 'pump' the brakes. I'd advise you read peoples posts before passing comments like you did.

Also, the accident was due to the ice, although it is possible the alcohol may of played a part in his reaction time.

He admitted doing wrong, he did not excuse himself, why should we give him a hard time?

The police and/or courts will treat him as they see fit, we are not in a postition to 'judge'.

This is a friendly forum, if you want to vent your frustration, go elsewhere.

It’s a free forum, this is my opinion, and if you don’t agree then that is your choice.

If 91CelicaGTI didn’t want comments like this then basically he shouldn’t wash his dirty laundry in public.

The facts are he was over the drink drive limit. Full Stop.

Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 or 1000, he was over the limit.

Obviously the millions of pounds spent on Government campaigns year in and year out about not drinking and driving haven’t sunk in to some people.

I feel 91CelicaGTI is looking for a little sympathy? Having had to deal first hand with the devastation of loosing someone through drink driving I say again...

Shame on you...

I think that Colin's made a POSITIVE contribution to all of us, because its very difficult to learn things if they dont happen to you. He told us his experience and made us to open our eyes. Many ppl (including me) found out that what we considered safe, wasn't according to the law, and it has nothing to do with the car skidding on the ice. Also U can make a possitive contribution to us, showing what you've lived and help other guys to see the other side of a situation. Believe me, I can understand you because I know what it feels like.

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

PD: welcome to the club, mate

looks to me like this accident would have happened to pretty much anyone REGARDLESS to alcohol intake.

I honestly think, and deep down I'm sure many will agree that if he'd not had a drink all day, the outcome would have been the same...

surveys have shown a youn person with 3-4 pints in them is still more alrt, and has quicker reactions then some old dear thats stone cold sober.

people that moan and bicker about 1 mg it are unhelpfull do gooders, and hey, thats MY opinion, if you don;t like it titty biscuits to you :P

I couldn't agree more :P

The law isn't black and white (or at least it shouldn't be), it's just a shame the "faceless beaurocrats" don't see it that way :angry:

I did try to ignore this without dispensing my two pennorth, but I can't.

Right, I am going to start this off by saying in this day and age WTF are you doing drinking and driving??? For goodness sake I thought every one knew that any drinking was not good, and two pints ?? Dependant on you and your metabolism a half could be too much, right and none of this macho garbage either.

As someone said it is very lucky for you no-one was standing at the side of the road, where you crashed, you could be looking at a manslaughter charge, and if it had been my child you had killed.......

My mother was nearly killed by a drink driver, who had only had a couple of pints, one of these jack the lad bints that seem so prevelant these days thought she could drive fast, showing off to the four guys in the car she lost control on a corner and hit my mum and step dad head on at 60miles and hour. She died within minutes. The lads in the car suffered some very serious injuries, one of the lad lost feeling in one arm, his young career as a chef over, one lad suffered brain damage, and amazingly one cut his face.

Mum was trapped in her car for two hours till the Brigade could release her, as far a triage is concerned the young lads were far worse condition, she is scarred for life with a permanent limp, and she is not old at all, she was driving sensibly, if it had been me driving everyone would have died I would have been doing sixty too.

So the "I don't think it was anything to do with the drink scenario.........."well what would you think??

Fidgits, you are entitled to you opinion and far from being a personal attack, was he expecting sympathy?? Cos nobody deserves one iota of sympathy for drink driving.

And I really thnk the mods should close the thread or it might just look like the club condones drink driving, which, from some of the comments here, it does.

Final word don't drink and drive , don't drink and get up early to drive to work you will still be drunk and just as liable for a breath test.

Just a wee comment in your defence. Since you weren't tested at the time of the accident, they cannot prove that you had the alcohol level at the time. For all they know you took a stiff drink as soon as you got home to calm your nerves before they turned up on your doorstep.

I'd just like to highlight this point again. Well said.

I would just like to point out, all the opinions I have stated in this thread are my own personal opinions, and not that of Toyota Owners Club.

I (as in me) do not condone drink driving, as i have repeatedly stated in this thread, i personally will not drive ANY alcohol if i have to drive.

However, reffering to my first post, I also said I would not pass judgement, and was simply standing up for Colin, not becuase of what he has done, but because he has admitted doing wrong, and he will have to face up to it in court.

/rant

sorry to hear about your accident mate, the post could have gone through windscreen,your ok thats the main thing, iknow it doesn"t make things better but your car can be repaired

The main point that i can see from this thread is that the governments laws regrading drink driving are very un-clear. Should they just introduce a total ban???

I've had 1 pint and driven before but if a total ban was in force then i would abide by it.

Simon :!Removed!:

Fidgits...

Get off your high horse, you must be reading a different thread to what I am. You use phrases like venom/venting frustration/personal attack on members, then quoting terms and conditions you find comments of this thread offensive etc etc etc

“Drama Queen” comes to mind, can I say that or it being offensive/personal attack/ venom spitting?

The facts are the person concerned got behind the wheel of a car after consuming alcohol, has had an accident, been breathalysed and will now face a ban and a fine and will have to undergo driver training to get his licence back.

Because people have a different opinion to you, doesn’t give you the right for YOU to make such comments, there have been no personal attacks or venom being thrown around, he knew what he was doing like he knew what he was doing when he posted the original thread.

What’s the point of a FREE forum if opinions can’t be heard?

So let me get this right.

This is a free forum, where people should be free to express their opinions, as we are doing?

But, i can't express my opinion that we dont need to be so hard on him...

Okay, makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

There was no sympathy plea from what I could read...

I haven't read one post which contains material condoning drink driving, personally I don't do it because i'm too scared of being pulled over and breathalised.

The people like Master Simon and others who have had close friend and relatives involved in car accidents involving drink driving will have a much stronger opinion on the subject than the rest of us.

No matter what happens Colin is going to serve a driving ban at the very least, could incur a fine and there's not a chance in hell his insurance will pay for the damage to his car, and I am pretty sure this will make him think twice before having a drink when he's got the car again.

This thread has raised some useful points and brought forward the very relevant point about how many people think that the legal driving limit is 2 pints, there is much confusion on this point... I feel that the thread has already informed a couple of people about the 'two pint' rule.

The guy does not need harsh criticism, he's lost his car, his driving license and a wad of money.... he was just very very lucky that the slip&crash did not involve another vehicle or any pedestrians. Colin has learned his lesson the hard way...

..perhaps we should also learn from Colin's lesson to save us having to do the same, especially over the xmas period when people like to have a drink now and then.

Guy's DUI as we all know is a topical subject where different opinions will be mnetioned and discussed, TOC in no way or form condones drink driving and at the same time will not condone what may be interpretted as offensive behaviour towards another member, either the post originator or someone posting their own view.

Could we please clam this topic down in terms of the tit for tat or we will be left in a position where we have option but to close the thread or move it to a non public section of the club.....

no doubt this will be "moderated" so read my short period of freedom of speach.

are we disgussing drink driving here or skidding on ice??????????????

all well with you do gooder preachings..... matey here is a CAR ENTHUSIAST. he loves his car hence the presence on this forum.

how many true enthusiasts do you know that woul risk their baby by driving on an unsafe level of consumption??? would YOU (ooooooooohhhh no I drink distilled water only)

this accident would have happened anyway. the fella had 2 pints. ignoring macho bul :censor: ... how many drive that much worse after 2 pints???

its not like he had had a bollte of voddy!!!!! judging by some of the IDIOTS on the road I'm sure matey here is a far more prificent driver!!!!!!

it really winds me up all this "oooooooooooh if you have a single pint and drive you are dammed to HELL <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals>."

I just drove my supra 2 miles in the ICE loaded with bin bags.. after 10 cans of strongbow... did I crash? NO. dear jumped out right infront of me, did I hit them? NO.

and yes its on a PRIVATE ROAD before you leftie tree hugging do gooder :censor: holes try and preach your little sermon.

lol, if you want to drink and drive then do it.. i don't give a :censor: what u do.

It may be true that some people don't drive any worse on 2 pints than they do without 2 pints.... but are u willing to take the risk of losing your car and driving license for the sake of a drink while ur out?

cos that's what it comes down to m8... whether u drive any worse or not is not being disputed

however on 10 cans of strongbow i'm sure we'll see some kind of effect in your driving behaviour.....