Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Flywheel Problem

01gbanks

hi everyone, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section i am new to the site . i own a toyata Aventis D4D that has covered 105000 miles i have been please with the car but it has recently developed a problem that when the engine is idleing it sounds like a missfire. the car still drives well but there is a varibration kind of sound when in the wrong gear of the speed travelling at. this fault was intermittant but is now constant. i had the looked at by a machanic who said it could be a gear box problem and another has said it to be a flywheel problem. as you can tell to repair these two things would cost an awful lot. i want to be sure what the problem is as i am reading that a flywheel does cause problems. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what type of flywheel has been fitted.

thanks in advance

The old 2.0d4d engine, did have problems with there flywheels. There are of dual mass type. Its just a case of new flywheel. We have done a few avensis, and rav 4's at work.

hi everyone, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section i am new to the site . i own a toyata Aventis D4D that has covered 105000 miles i have been please with the car but it has recently developed a problem that when the engine is idleing it sounds like a missfire. the car still drives well but there is a varibration kind of sound when in the wrong gear of the speed travelling at. this fault was intermittant but is now constant. i had the looked at by a machanic who said it could be a gear box problem and another has said it to be a flywheel problem. as you can tell to repair these two things would cost an awful lot. i want to be sure what the problem is as i am reading that a flywheel does cause problems. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so what type of flywheel has been fitted.

thanks in advance

Have a quick look in the RAV section and near the top you will find a post / tutorial by Anchorman telling you all you ever wanted to know about Dual Mass Flywheels. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately it seems a very costly job to do.

Good luck with your repairs :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with my 2000 avensis d4d,a knackered flywheel at 90,000mls.My knowledgeable mechanic got me a carina diesel [or turbo diesel,doesnt matter]flywheel from the breaker for 40 quid,and a HIACE 2.3 straight diesel clutch,which cost 120 quid.After a lot of !Removed! the motor is now ticking like a clock,

go for it

rethump.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links