Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights

Pjotr

I know we have gone over this before but, tonight is the first night that I have driven the car properly on dark roads since I installed the

Philips xtreme 80+ (dipped-H7) and Philips Vision Plus 50+ (full H1). Gosh what an improvement this is :D , it has also helped that the dealer adjusted the beam to highest legal limit when it was in last time (it was at lower scale before). I know some have complained about the light output but I can assure you that this works a treat, if you can not drive with this set-up then you probably should not rive at all.... B)

All the best.

I know we have gone over this before but, tonight is the first night that I have driven the car properly on dark roads since I installed the

Philips xtreme 80+ (dipped-H7) and Philips Vision Plus 50+ (full H1). Gosh what an improvement this is :D , it has also helped that the dealer adjusted the beam to highest legal limit when it was in last time (it was at lower scale before). I know some have complained about the light output but I can assure you that this works a treat, if you can not drive with this set-up then you probably should not rive at all.... B)

All the best.

Well, this answers my previous question in a thread. Now just need the H1's.

Yes Philips Xtreme are awesome.

After many miles covered in complete darkness, these rock!

The projector style headlamps are no longer a problem with these bulbs.

Much better than the 50% bulbs

Hi Pjotr. Just a couple of questions:

Do the Philips xtreme 80+ (dipped-H7) and Philips Vision Plus 50+ (full H1) bulbs fit straight in?

What sidelamp bulbs would complement them?

Thanks

Hi Pjotr. Just a couple of questions:

Do the Philips xtreme 80+ (dipped-H7) and Philips Vision Plus 50+ (full H1) bulbs fit straight in?

What sidelamp bulbs would complement them?

Thanks

Yes both fit, they are proper H1 and H7 spec replacement bulbs. (read the review of bulbs in Autoexpress http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...reme_power.html

The only thing with them is that they are high spec. items (for which you pay a bit more) and the beam is therefore aiming where it should be.

You can buy them on-line www.powerbulbs.com throw in side lights in the deal, I bought locally in my A1 store.

Re the side lamps, I have kept them as they are, they are 'parking lights' and nothing else, I wish more drivers would realise this.

Loads of locals drive around in dusk/fog etc with 'only' them on. It must be twist the light switch and 'the lights must be on when the dash light up' .

Can you use 100w bulbs safely in main/high beam sockets safely ??

I have had them on my Volvo 340 and my Frontera, i miss the extra light these give out !!!

They are road legal as i checked with Traffic Police... as they only come on with main beam selection and are not continuosly lit.

rgds

I would not try 100W bulbs because of the heat generated.

I have used high output dipped before (ie strictly not legal..) and was not that impressed.

My experience is that 'you get what you pay for' and I would be surprised if the Philips Vision 50+ H1 would not

better the 100W. They are great on full beam. Add the Extreme for the dipped and you can not go wrong.

The beam direction/spread is very impressive.

I recently purchase an avensis , but hadnt done much dark use.Took it abroad which was a fair drive to dover mostly at night and realised it was terrible.

Had car in for 10k service they havent had anyone complaining about bad light throw at all swear its new to them

I tried similar in my Honda, and really appreciated the difference. But the bulbs only lasted a little over a year, and i've not repeated the experiment.

I tried similar in my Honda, and really appreciated the difference. But the bulbs only lasted a little over a year, and i've not repeated the experiment.

Lasting a year is not too bad is it?

I drove the Volvo with dipped on all the time and this gave me 10-15 months. Not bad at all, its

worth being seen and also to see properly.

Hi y'all

I decided to change my lights to the new brighter, slightly blue ones. Got blue laser maximum performance from Halfords, H1 and H7 for Headlights, full and dipped, HB3 for my fogs and some sidelights, you really can tell the difference, much sharper, white light when driving, the light throws much further in front aswell, yes I am very pleased with them. However I do have 2 minor gripes, firstly the cost, I actually got the full set 4 pairs for £20 of the back of a lorry, but in the shop they were priced at £17.99 main beams, £9.99 dipped and £12.99 front fogs each bulb!! By my reckoning thats approx £82!! Yikes! Oh, well, I suppose it's my choice to have em or not init! My second, and main gripe is fitting the bulbs, wow, what a mission, the dipped headlights are murder to fit, makes it look easy in the manual, but you need 10 fingers on each hand, all 15" long to fit these things, lol. Well maybe a slight exageration, but I was very surprised how dificult it was! Very pleased with the results now though! Just not looking forward to 12-15mnths time when I have to replace em!

Is there much difference between the light thrown out by these bulbs and actual xenon bulbs does anyone know?

Can xenon bulbs be swapped bulb for bulb or is some wiring required? I think you need something called a ballast box for real HID xenon don't you?

:D Ben N 74 :D

Decided to replace mine and found some on eBay for less than £20 plus free delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PHILIPS-X-TREME-POWE...1QQcmdZViewItem

still 5 left if anyones interested, there were 15 last night.

As said previously, what side lghts would compliment them anyone know? Can't see any upgrades for 03 onwards.

Cheers

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
I recently purchase an avensis , but hadnt done much dark use.Took it abroad which was a fair drive to dover mostly at night and realised it was terrible.

Had car in for 10k service they havent had anyone complaining about bad light throw at all swear its new to them

Both my headlamps were replaced under the new extended warranty (5 years) on my 2004 liftback 1.8 petrol at no cost to me but the bill was 615 euro to mr. T. So be careful what bulbs you use as they might make the headlamps melt like mine and they had factory fitted bulbs. I don't know yet if the new headlamps can take higher watt bulbs but the improvment with the new ones was astronomical to use the pun.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links