Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much?!

mbrennan29

Bit of a personal question so i dont mind if people dont want to answer it.

I have just had my insurance renewal through for my 07 reg Toyota Auris 1.6 T-Spirit. The price they are asking is............wait for it.........£1750!!!!

How much is everyone else paying?

Hello WOW got a shock when i read how much you have been quoted. how old are you and who is your insurance company??? I have a toyota auris D4D 2.0 diesel t-spirit with fully comp insurance i pay less than £300 and am insured with toyota insurance but i am over 50. :rolleyes:

Hello WOW got a shock when i read how much you have been quoted. how old are you and who is your insurance company??? I have a toyota auris D4D 2.0 diesel t-spirit with fully comp insurance i pay less than £300 and am insured with toyota insurance but i am over 50. :rolleyes:

YOU got a shock!!!

I am 30 and my insurance at the minute is through MMA.

I have had a very quick look at several other companies via uswitch and money supermarket.com and am getting quotes of around £600 so am not too worried, i just couldnt believe that hey could justify increasing my insurance from £515 (last year) to over £1700!!! Who do these people think they are?

im 24 and pay about 400. but i have 4 years ncb. thats on a 2ltr tdi tr. hard to compare different peoples insurance cos so much stuff affects it such as ncb, location, and so on, but i would say that your getting well ripped off. im with more than too if that helps.

I pay £340 for the T180 with Toyota insurance but am over 50. Make sure you read the small print, I got a very cheap qoute from a company that advetises on the Television but in the small print it warned that they may used reconditioned or reclaimed parts for repairs!

I insured it on my wife :) She has more NCB than me and she didn't use it. £280 for 1.6 TR- 110 cheaper than quote for me. If you have second car on your name you can use NCB only for one :disgust:

just ignore that

380 for my t180 - 6yrs NCB and i'm young

just ignore that

if we could direct a personal question back - even if you dont answer... if you have claimed for damage, been involved in an accident or even had points from speeding (if you have more than 6) or similar offenses then they can push up the premiums.

Go somewhere else but you will still have to declare anything you may have.

I drive on my wife's insurance as she is principal owner. Esure <£300 for the T180. Both of us are over 50. One claim 4 years ago.

I pay only 2990SEK and that equals to 236GBP for my Auris D-CAT 180, I am 40 and have never been in an accident.

I drive appx 25000km's every year and I have private parking.

i pay £600 for my gti which aint bad considering im only 24 and ive only got 1 year no claims and ive only been driving for a year.

i found confused.com the best comparison site.

i had some mental quotes to start with. marks and spencer being the highest, quoting me.... wait for it.... £3500!!!!!!

i'll stick with £600 from diamond!

xx

just ignore that

if we could direct a personal question back - even if you dont answer... if you have claimed for damage, been involved in an accident or even had points from speeding (if you have more than 6) or similar offenses then they can push up the premiums.

Go somewhere else but you will still have to declare anything you may have.

Yes I/We have made 2 claims in the past 12 months, 1 for storm damage (on our old corolla) and 1 for malicious damage (to the auris), i was also involved in a non fault accident so all in all it hasn't been a good year!! However our NCB is protected and according to our renewal we havent lost any of our NCB as a result of the claims.

Im not too concerned i will simply change our insurer, have had quotes for around £580-£600 which i dont mind paying as i was paying £512 last year. Obviously our old insurance company no longer want our custom....oh well....their loss, PLENTY more fish in the sea!!

Your insurance premium is worked by many factors such as your age ,how long you have been driving ,your driving record ,who will drive the car ,where you live, the insurance group of the car,if you have any motoring convictions etc.if the car is garaged at night

You should also check that because of your claims history (ie 2 claims in a short period of time )that your policy has not been loaded.

Insurance companies control the type of business they have by there premiums for example if they have a lot of young drivers on there books they will increase the premium for that type of risk to lose some

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links