Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Engine Light On

kalaichezhian

Hi everyone i just noticed this week that my service engine light also came on. I have a 2001 xle v6 , i took out an extended warranty , would these sensors be covered ?.

• 2 weeks later...

Check your manual. Last I checked mine (2000 SLE) said that most emissions components (O2, etc) were covered to 80k .

Does anyone have any solid knowledge whether P0135 refers to the O2 sensor on the front of the engine or on the back? I've seen a few posts here indicating that they replaced the front, light didn't change, and after replacing the rear it went out. These manuals, etc seem pretty sketchy on details.

By the way, http://www.buyoxygensensors.com/ seems to have the best prices I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a '96 Camry (4 cyl) and my check engine light came on for the first time a few months ago, and after having it checked at Auto Zone, it said O2 sensor (bank 1 I believe). I didn't have the money to purchase the part, so I left, and as I was driving home, the light went off. So, for months now the light will come one for a few days, go off for a few days, and so on and so forth. Last Wednesday while I was driving it just lost all power and the engine shut down as I was rounding a curve and I had no brakes or steering. (Luckily I was not hit by the truck coming towards me!)

The car is sitting at a shop right now and the guy hopes to get to it tomorrow. I am wondering if the O2 sensor can be bad if my gas mileage has been good. I'm averaging 300-350 miles on a tank.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links