Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyotas Insurance

Notebook

Anyone insured their rav or had a quote from toyota themselves?

How was it?

Thanks

Nick

Toyota insurance is not the cheapest but let me tell you, the service is second to none.

Having worked in this job for over 30 years, it's only when you need to call upon your insurance company that you found out how good they are.

24 hour accident assistance, Toyota courtesy cars, 3 year warranty on repair work. Our website gives you an idea of what to do. Scroll down the page on that link for customer testimonials

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have my T180 insured with Toyota Insurance, as Kingo says not the cheapest ( it is set up by Royal-Sunalliance ) but they are tops as regarding loancars and repairs, as they only use Toyota OME to repair your car ( not like alot of insurers who use non-OME parts). Touch wood I have found them second to none so far

Clare

How was it?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick

Renewed mine last week with Admiral .They wanted £298 .A quick phone call reminding them them that I was a long term customer and that I could get it insured cheaper with another company made them knock it down to £248, but I had to up my excess slightly.

I have not made a claim so I cannot say how good they are .You pay your money and take your chances.Insuring it with Toyota would give you more peace of mind I suppose.

Regards

Llith

How was it?

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick

Renewed mine last week with Admiral .They wanted £298 .A quick phone call reminding them them that I was a long term customer and that I could get it insured cheaper with another company made them knock it down to £248, but I had to up my excess slightly.

I have not made a claim so I cannot say how good they are .You pay your money and take your chances.Insuring it with Toyota would give you more peace of mind I suppose.

Regards

Llith

I had a quote from admiral for £264 and when I mentioned the style collection, they said the extras wouldnt be covered? !!!!

I'm with Mr T's insurance as well.

No not the cheapest, but it was reasonably competitive if I remember correctly. Used them for a few years now.

Was the best policy features/price/excess compromise as far as I was concerned.

I'm quite surprised, because I've always found car manufacturers "own" insurance quotes expensive in the past. Depends on your circumstances and risk I suppose. However, good prices is the way it should be - it all helps to keep you as a Mr T customer for cars etc I guess.

I had a quote from admiral for £264 and when I mentioned the style collection, they said the extras wouldnt be covered? !!!!

It makes me mad when you read how incompetant insurers say something wouldnt be covered. WTF!

You must make sure you dont give them your business then, what a load of tosh, Ah yes we can insure you and take your money but if you have a bump were not going to pay for any style accessories you have fitted Aaaarrrrhhhhhhhh

Rant over :D:

Try the Toyota insurance line 0800 350 500 it's worth a phone call even if to say "No Thanks"

I have eaten now, the world seems a calmer place than at 9.32 this morning :D:

Had this problem with my last car. Ordered some strakes (some of decorative chrome fins for the side air vents). Insurance co. charged me extra (£30-40 I think it was) for the privilege (no not the insurance co.), but then said they were not covered!! They also classified it as 'body kit' too, IIRC. Can't remember the company, but it was in the same group as elephant, which charges similarly.

EDIT: Just remembered, they also charged me extra because I had ordered leather seats as an option, which were also not covered :censor:

It really does depend on your insurance cmpany what they will let you put on your car. Most see a mod as some form of licence to print money!

I had my motorbike insured with Carole Nash, I had a showpaint job, uprated Koni adjustable shocks, progressive fork springs etc. How much extra did they charge?..........Nothing, I got it in writing, they were not worried about it at all, I think some look at it as an extra source of income, their "Risk" must be negligable on a style pack or leather seats, what are they going to do, spontaneously combust? :D:

Toyota insurance is not the cheapest but let me tell you, the service is second to none.

Having worked in this job for over 30 years, it's only when you need to call upon your insurance company that you found out how good they are.

24 hour accident assistance, Toyota courtesy cars, 3 year warranty on repair work. Our website gives you an idea of what to do. Scroll down the page on that link for customer testimonials

Hi Kingo

The car I am picking up on the weekend has a style collection on it - side and rear steps and modded bumper - I say this as if I call them bull bars most insurance companies dont want to know. Whats the correct name for the front bit?

Thanks

Nick

The official name is a front guard, as per this text, taken from the accessory listing

Body exterior, Front guard, PZ415-X0952-00 £275.91

Any problems, let me know

The official name is a front guard, as per this text, taken from the accessory listing

Thanks

Have you a picture of them to make sure I have the correct part - also are all the style collections the same? The car is a RAV4 XT-R 3DR 2.0VVT-I (Carbon Quartz). It has the bumper and side and rear steps and also a little spoiler... is the spoiler part of the pack or standard? Also what is the correct name for the steps?

last question, would you describe this as modded? or a toyota add on?

Forgot to say its an 05 model

cheers

Nick

Thanks

Have you a picture of them to make sure I have the correct part - also are all the style collections the same? The car is a RAV4 XT-R 3DR 2.0VVT-I (Carbon Quartz). It has the bumper and side and rear steps and also a little spoiler... is the spoiler part of the pack or standard? Also what is the correct name for the steps?

last question, would you describe this as modded? or a toyota add on?

Forgot to say its an 05 model

cheers

Nick

Nick is this a 2005 ish era car? (being a 3dr)

If so, the style pack included all of the following

RAV4 XTR Badge

Front Guard (Polyurethane)

Lower guard finisher

Rear step, alloy effect

Side steps, unpainted aluminium (called steps for some strange reason :D:)

Roof spoiler (smoke grey)

TVSS 1V alarm

It is an option pack, not standard

Here is a picture of the front guard. It is a soft poly material

103901156_o.jpg

Nick is this a 2005 ish era car? (being a 3dr)

If so, the style pack included all of the following

RAV4 XTR Badge

Front Guard (Polyurethane)

Lower guard finisher

Rear step, alloy effect

Side steps, unpainted aluminium (called steps for some strange reason :D:)

Roof spoiler (smoke grey)

TVSS 1V alarm

It is an option pack, not standard

Here is a picture of the front guard. It is a soft poly material

103901156_o.jpg

Hi

just speaking to esure, they want to know if its plastic or metal?

Polyeurethane, a soft rubbery material

Thanks for your help

Sorry about the multiple posting - can only edit - dont know how to delete it.

The writing on it - toyota, is this a coted plastic also? and is the roof spoiler included in the pack or part of the original spec.

Thanks

Nick

Nick

The writing RAV4 is a stainless steel jobby, not sure if it's coated as well, the spoiler is part of the style pack, in fact everything on the list IS a style pack

The writing RAV4 is a stainless steel jobby, not sure if it's coated as well, the spoiler is part of the style pack, in fact everything on the list IS a style pack

Reading my posts, I sound like a fool - on the phone to insurance agents at the same time, so not paying attention!!!!

Thanks for your help.

Nick

No problem Nick, dont let them bamboozle you into paying more than you need to, there are plenty of insurers out there wanting your money...........a bit like Toyota dealers I suppose :D:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links