Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Sat Nav Do I Have? Tns300? 310? 200?

BenN74

It works!! I now have 2006-2007 maps! It doesn't change the graphics or how you use it in any way, which is kinda good cause I've only got the instructions for mine, newer graphics would have been nice, but hey, for free I'm happy wiv new maps! I didn't know there was a 2008 one as per the post above, I'll have to keep my eye out for it, from 2003 to 2007's good enough for now tho!

DVD Info now reads as per this pic;

http://www.faceparty.com/pb/2168/images/be...ce_31935286.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Hi BenN74,

I have Avensis 05 D4D T Spirit. The pictures you showed earlier about yours - mine looks like the same.

Can you please tell me what type of Satnav unit it is? In the Owner Mannual its say its a Generation 1. Pleaes do shed light on this.

I have also downloaded 2006-07 maps burn on Verbatin DVD - R DL.............. But didnt work. Gives error "Unable to read Map DVD."

May be it is beacuse of - R DL. please do give some help on this as well if you can.

Thanks

Sam

Greetings

I also tried burning on verbatin but got the same error. Then I burned again using Aone 8x speed DVD+R 'DUAL LAYER' and it worked. can purhase single cd thru eBay. I don't think it works with Verbatin...Don;t know why..Anyway if anybody finds the 2008/2009 versions to download please post link...Cheers.

Hi - new to the Forum

I have a 55 Avensis Verso with TNS300 and the small fixed monochrome lcd screen (not the flip-up versions pictured in some quotes). My DVD is for Europe, (2004 - 2005) Version 2. Any pointers for a source for updated maps to suit this version ?

Thanks

miamigo

To Ben,

I cannot be sure of your system, but i can eliminate one system for you, maybe making it easier for you to get code of your system. I have 03 T3s which comes with the TNS300ETA split screen system Trip computer & sat/Nav built into one screen. Why don't you take your car to Toyota to confirm system & they can also run a disc check at the same time to confirm latest disc.

Regards, Beagh.

It works!! I now have 2006-2007 maps! It doesn't change the graphics or how you use it in any way, which is kinda good cause I've only got the instructions for mine, newer graphics would have been nice, but hey, for free I'm happy wiv new maps! I didn't know there was a 2008 one as per the post above, I'll have to keep my eye out for it, from 2003 to 2007's good enough for now tho!

DVD Info now reads as per this pic;

http://www.faceparty.com/pb/2168/images/be...ce_31935286.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Hi BenN74,

I have Avensis 05 D4D T Spirit. The pictures you showed earlier about yours - mine looks like the same.

Can you please tell me what type of Satnav unit it is? In the Owner Mannual its say its a Generation 1. Pleaes do shed light on this.

I have also downloaded 2006-07 maps burn on Verbatin DVD - R DL.............. But didnt work. Gives error "Unable to read Map DVD."

May be it is beacuse of - R DL. please do give some help on this as well if you can.

Thanks

Sam

Greetings

I also tried burning on verbatin but got the same error. Then I burned again using Aone 8x speed DVD+R 'DUAL LAYER' and it worked. can purhase single cd thru eBay. I don't think it works with Verbatin...Don;t know why..Anyway if anybody finds the 2008/2009 versions to download please post link...Cheers.

Thanks for kind reply...

I have Avensis 2005 D4D Spirit. and mine flip open on dash board with remote control. I m guessing you have the same model????

If I bear the cost can you please brun the DVD from me ????

Looks as you have a better system........I've got the standerd version

To BenN74,

Sorry. But with respect am i missing something hear, would you just not be better of going to your local Toyota dealer & have them confirm the exact system you have???? No offence but this would seem the obvious thing to do, this thread seems to have turned into a guessing game.

Regards, Beagh.

Hi Guys,

Today i have tried copying on another DVD. this time it was verbatim + R DL. but unfortunately this didnt work either. Gives me "Unable to read Maps DVD."

Can anybody give some help please ......

Thanks

Hi guys

Finally i managed to copy maps on DVD and its up and running fine. This time i have brun DVD with ImageBurn software. it works fine..... I have used same verbatim +R DL DVD....

It seem like for some reason Nero didnt work for me.... by the way i was using Nero 9 before

• 1 month later...

My T-Spirit came with a TNS300 split screen. I really do think that Toyota should have put the flip top one. I really like that one and would like it in my car. I really think Toyota have ripped people off with the T-Spirit as the facelift model comes with a TNS 700 colour one and i think that Toyota should have fitted the flip top one to all the T-Spirits. Does any one know where you can get one? Another thing to ask what does the original disk say on it. TNS.......??? Will the TNS 300 disk work in that.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have recently downloaded this version: Toyota Gps Tns 300 - 310 Plus Dvd 2006 - 2007 V 1 Europe, Image Nero.rar which is 7.25GB. I have bought 2 lots of Dual layer DVD disks, tried both on Nero & IMGBurn but both come up with errors off DVD Unreadable on my TNS 300 Sat Nav.

I am burning on the slowest speed aswell. Any ideas please as i am still on 2002-2003 maps and if doesn't find any inputs at all really.

Thanks all :)

Hey guys, I have recently downloaded this version: Toyota Gps Tns 300 - 310 Plus Dvd 2006 - 2007 V 1 Europe, Image Nero.rar which is 7.25GB. I have bought 2 lots of Dual layer DVD disks, tried both on Nero & IMGBurn but both come up with errors off DVD Unreadable on my TNS 300 Sat Nav.

I am burning on the slowest speed aswell. Any ideas please as i am still on 2002-2003 maps and if doesn't find any inputs at all really.

Try with Image burn.

The file you mention is a .rar file, compressed with winrar. Have you unpacked the file before burning to disc?

You have burnt the file to a dual layer disc, does the TNS300 read dual layer discs or only single layer?

Try with Image burn.

I have used the software " ImgBurn " which comes up when I search on google for Image Burn.

The file you mention is a .rar file, compressed with winrar. Have you unpacked the file before burning to disc?

You have burnt the file to a dual layer disc, does the TNS300 read dual layer discs or only single layer?

Hi, The .rar is only 2.35GB and when extrated it becomes 7.25GB, and is a Nero Image file which is called tns 310.nrg.

Not sure on the DVD players reading, but at this size and the possbile soze of the original DVD it must read both surely?! Can anyone confirm this?

• 3 months later...

My first post here.........

After reading this thread (and a few others) I have finally managed to successfully burn by first D/L DVD.

I did have to buy Aone 8x speed DVD+R 'DUAL LAYER from ebuyer.com Blank DVD's

I also had to buy a new DVD burner from play.com (as my old burner failed to recognise the new blank DVD's) DVD Burner link

I used imgburn as suggested. No coasters and the update worked first time when I put the DVD inot my Avensis.

I can see the motorway junctions seem to be slightly different. Not sure what else was updated (obviously more roads and POI's etc) I was hoping to get the Sat Nav to work on the move as it's a pain having to stop so my navigator can add a new route.

Good luck to those trying to update from 300 to 310. It worked for me. All you need is patience

• 9 months later...

My first post here.........

After reading this thread (and a few others) I have finally managed to successfully burn by first D/L DVD.

I did have to buy Aone 8x speed DVD+R 'DUAL LAYER from ebuyer.com Blank DVD's

I also had to buy a new DVD burner from play.com (as my old burner failed to recognise the new blank DVD's) DVD Burner link

I used imgburn as suggested. No coasters and the update worked first time when I put the DVD inot my Avensis.

I can see the motorway junctions seem to be slightly different. Not sure what else was updated (obviously more roads and POI's etc) I was hoping to get the Sat Nav to work on the move as it's a pain having to stop so my navigator can add a new route.

Good luck to those trying to update from 300 to 310. It worked for me. All you need is patience

Guys (& gals?)

Can anyone help me with a copy of the rar file or a disc of this?

Hope you can help

Ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links